<Language name="en"/>
  </LocaleSettings>

en for english,
de for german,
es for spanish
ja for japan
ru for russian

Dirk

I think a "translations.txt" document would be cool too. In it you'd have all the text parts of NESmaker and you could simply translate it yourself or use translations from the community. Might be problematic to retrofit this to NESmaker.

Dirk

• Make it possible to label the individual Action Steps.

NESmaker_Suggestion.png

• Make it possible to jump to any Action Step in the EndAction drop-down menu

CutterCross

thedodecahydra said:
I just got going here, so maybe this feature exists somewhere that I'm not looking (I've checked all the menu options for it at least) and maybe someone else requested it, but it would be nice to have a little dialog that tells me how much Memory my game currently takes up, and how much Available Memory there is to use.

There's a NESdev tool by Shiru called NES Space Checker which lets you look at how much of each bank is currently filled with code: https://shiru.untergrund.net/software.shtml

Dirk

I would love an option for "End Animation" to simply stay on the last frame after the animation has finished. This would be useful for eg a jumping animation where you have 1 crouch frame, some jump frames and then some falling frames. Now you either have to juggle around with the timer or make a separate Action Step with a falling animation. This is a bit wasteful/impractical when you could simple use the last frame.

NESmaker_Suggestion_StayOnLastFrame.png

Dirk

It would be more intuitive if the setting for the animation speed would go from left: slow to right: fast. Also 0 should be very slow or no animation and 15 very fast.
Right now it is confusingly 0: very slow, 1: very fast ... 15: very slow.

NESMaker Suggestion Animation Speed 01.PNG

wallmasterr

I think its probblt too late to get stuff into 5.0 now and dono if anyone else sed this but would be usefull to know what overworld tile x,y you were on when u were in the screen view.

lecapitaine

The big, massive thing to me would be a dedicated scripting language that compiles to ASM. I know the engine wears its commitment to code-free design on its sleeve, but as someone with a bit of a coding background, I quickly found myself having to choose between just reskinning a pre-made module or banging my head against the brick wall of assembly language. I'm alright with committing to something (certainly to a new language), but ASM is still a bit much for me.

Logana

I know I’m late but I have a simple but effective idea okay so you know how paths work correct they use 8 by8 tiles in a row to make a specific tile this tile can be used, so I’m wondering would it be possible to have a 1 palette 8 by 8 tile made of parts of you background assets?

I would like my tabs in the pixel editor would persist after closing the tool. I like to have lots of tabs open while I'm working in the pixel editor and a feature like that could save me a lot of time when I"m ready to work.

CutterCross

The tool's tileset layout where you pick your tiles to paint with in 4.5.6. is way too small and can't be scaled larger. It becomes nearly impossible to use with 8x8 tile density screens without using magnification or cross-referencing the tileset in another application. Please let us scale the tileset layout in the tool.

And/or, let 8x8 tile density screens have a nametable import feature like the special screen editor did in previous verisons of NESmaker.

Jonny

I couldn't see that these had been suggested but sorry if they already have...

- Option to see what palettes are set for tiles on a screen (next to the collisions button)

- Copy animation frames or full animations from a player object to monster (for creating things like player based cutscenes)

dale_coop

Staff member
you can see the palette on mouse over :p

2020-09-29-14-24-57-NES-MAKER-4-5-6-Version-0x176-Adventure-Tutorial-MST.png

you can export a object, via the menu... an import it (I use to export my player... and import as a monster object, for cutscenes, too)

2020-09-29-14-25-25-NES-MAKER-4-5-6-Version-0x176-Adventure-Tutorial-MST.png

Jonny

Dude! Thanks a million! I had no idea they could be imported as monsters. So cool.

The mouse over is ok but for detailed screens (8x8 tiles) it might be useful to see an overall view as a 16x16 grid showing the palettes like the collision one.

charliee

Suggestion:
Whenever I want multiple objects/background tiles to share some identical colors, I need to duplicate those colors in multiple palettes. But I have no idea which color I used previously, so I have to right-click on the existing color in some one palette to get the color dialog, note which color numeric value it is, then close the dialog, right click on the other palettes color slot, then I can choose that same color for this second palette. I would be advantageous if each palette color had its color number right in the color swatch on all those pages where a palette is used. (I know that you can get the color number from the Palettes page, but that still requires multiple clicks and jumping around on the menu. I was hoping choosing a palette color could be somewhat easier if the color number were already displayed on the palette color.) Of course, the text color of the number would need to be properly contrasting so it can be read.

Didn't see this suggesting here in this thread, so sorry if it's a repeat.

Top Bottom