Flea Game and some help needed (demo)

wallmasterr

Still trying to get this dash working.
Thinking of turning gravity down when you are dashing to turn it off.

Can i delete the "GRAVITY_LO" from User constants and add it to User Variables and it just work?
Ive tried this and it just seems to do things. setting gravity lo to 0 has the effect i want in user constants but i dont think u can cahnge these during the game right?

And am i going in the right direction with this dash thing? I can only seem to get the animation or the dash to work not at the same time.

Variables.png

wallmasterr

Officaly announced that there will be a Flea release on Dreamcast at some point
https://youtu.be/wW0tdErL-M8

Heres the lin ot the forum pst about how to make your game work on Dreamcast too.
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5316

Dirk

Did you get bugs when you made the global variable local? I think I did it once and I didn't get any bugs.

wallmasterr

Dirk said:
Did you get bugs when you made the global variable local? I think I did it once and I didn't get any bugs.

It didint seem to work , it just acted as is it was still constant and set to 12. user version didint seem to affect it atall.

Dirk

Hm, that's very weird. At the moment I see no reason why it shouldn't work.
I retract my statement though that it worked in my game. I think I had custom global variable that I later changed to a local one.
At the moment I have very little time. I want to try it out sometime but I guess you'll have it figured out already then ^^

wallmasterr

Trying to add some new music and I am getting this error when building. Improts fine but doesn't manage to build. any ideas?

sounderror.PNG

CutterCross

My best guess is that there's something wrong / unsupported in some of your instruments. But I'd have to look at the actual txt / FTM to be sure.

wallmasterr

Thanks @CutterCross

sounderror2.PNG

I rename all instruments to not have special characters or spaces, it knocked off a few illegal instroments but not all.

Wit might have just gt it working. I think the problem was there was a number at the start of an instroment name, woudl that break it?

CutterCross

If I recall correctly yes, instruments can't have numbers at the start of their names.

I'm not just talking about instrument names, but also what's in them. Like if you're using something unsupported like Hi-Pitch envelopes or Sustain and Release.

wallmasterr

We are trying to add more music but think we might be running out of memory in the bank?
Is that what this error means?
unknown.png

When I remove a few orders from any of the tracks it works again.
is the answer just to make shorter songs, that are more optomised?

CutterCross

Yeah, looks like you've overflowed the music bank. The easiest solution is to just optimize/shorten the amount of music data you have.

wallmasterr

tryign to make my slect button kill u and restart at last checkpoint incase you get stuck somewhere

Just copied that iv got for the player death block but only seems to work once then never again, what am I doing wrong here? I had missed the RTS but added it and still dose it only once.
Code:
CPX player1_object
BNE +
JSR HandlePlayerDeath
+
RTS

CutterCross

wallmasterr said:
tryign to make my slect button kill u and restart at last checkpoint incase you get stuck somewhere

Just copied that iv got for the player death block but only seems to work once then never again, what am I doing wrong here? I had missed the RTS but added it and still dose it only once.

You don't want to compare the player for a button press. Just get rid of the comparison and branch statements, that way it'll happen every time you press Select.

wallmasterr

Thanks :) that did the trick, I wasn't sure if that bit was just loading the player or something. works great now, will never be stuck in an unwinnable place again. Copying little big planets get out of jail free card

Code:
JSR HandlePlayerDeath
RTS

CutterCross

Heh I did the same checkpoint reset thing for Tower of Turmoil back when I rolled out the 1.03 version. It's a good safety net for that kind of stuff.

mouse spirit

Good mechanic for some games. I think kickle cubicle used it . Also a great game for the nes.probky lolo if i remember right. If i am right or not, i like both those games. I really like your game also.
Id have to say, even though we have hindsight, and we dont have company agendas holding us back , the games here made with nesmaker for the most part are legit. Really great projects. Well done to you.

Top Bottom