Hi!

voltopt

Hello! I'm an architect (the buildings kind!) who grew up with the NES. I had a subscription to Nintendo Power (and the Nintendo Fun Club before that!), and a friend and I spent many hours in elementary and middle school "drawing" our own video games (notebooks and folders of loose-leaf where each sheet of paper was a screen). We even made up our own games company, magazines, and systems.

I don't have much experience with programming (unless you count Apple BASIC or html). However I'm excited to dive in and learn. I've been following along with the 4.5 tutorials and at the same time, as a sort of way to reinforce the lessons, I'm translating one of those old games I drew as a kid. I'm also excited to make simple games with my kids. They are into it, for the most part! Anyway, hi! I'm looking forward to this experience.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome voltopt

Glad to have you here with us :)
NESmaker is a very fun tool to make simple NES games (that you can play on a real NES console!). A good start is the tutorial videos, yeah :)
Feel free to share your ideas, comments, projects, WIPs, ... If you have issues or questions, don't hesitate to ask. There will always be someone that will try to help you :)

Can't wait to see what you will create with NM.

Bucket Mouse

voltopt said:
I don't have much experience with programming (unless you count Apple BASIC or html). However I'm excited to dive in and learn.\

That was my level of experience exactly, and I learned pretty quickly. You should do fine.

Top Bottom