Super excited and need help already.

octopusman

Hi There,
I'm eager to jump into my own personal project but I am going through the tutorial for good measure. I've already watched it once while waiting for my license to arrive.

I'm on 4.5.2
Unfortunately, X=4, Y=14 of my overworld displays the wrong buttom half of the tile.
I tried to use the "tree" tile initially, but noticed that both of the bottom two tiles are the 0x0 tile. Or rather, the top left of the sand tile.
I changed it to a frowny face so you could see in the screenshot. Notice that there are three frowny faces at X=4, Y=14 instead of just one.
I made a new tileset, pasted over the tutorial graphics, used the new tileset, same issue. So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the tileset itself but rather how it chooses what segment of the tileset to render at those 2 locations.
This is in overworld 0,0.
I placed a tile in X=4, Y=14 of overworld 1,0 and it worked fine. *shrug*

Also, if someone has bug fix files or links to a megathread that'd be helpful.

Thanks! Excited to get going!
-Peter

Attachments

• game_006.png
    game_006.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 526

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey Peter
Welcome

Glad yo have you with us.
The 4.5 version is a beta, to be used with the Summer camp tutorials... it has some issues, like that one.
Keep gaining thought the tutorials, those bugs are fixed in the following tutorials. Joe fixes bugs from tutorial to next tutorial... by the end of the videos, most of the issues will have been fixed.

Have fun! :)

mouse spirit

Excited is,what excited does! Love the frownies,jk, yeah its probly fixed in subsequent videos and patches along the way.

octopusman

Thank you very much for following up with me! Alright, I will complete the tutorial and continue through the summer camp tutorials. Appreciate the response, greatly! SO EXCITED!

Top Bottom