Classic NES sprites redesigned

JakeSpencer

I'm currently working with a friend of mine to create assets for an opening animation for my YouTube channel. Modifying the sprites enough so that they're new, and not whomever's IP ripped off. I'll be happy to show off the opening when it's finished. Currently at about 50%. Here is one of the sprites. Can you guess what game this was originally from?
dude1.png
dude2.png
dude3.png
dude4.png
dude5.png
dude6.png

JakeSpencer

I love the original StarTropics game (the sequel stunk). But yeah, one thing I always disliked about it was the "white male savior" trope. Mike goes from island to island saving the natives. With NES graphics I have and will continue to bake in lots more diversity, and will be happy to share them in here. I started remaking one of the Cheetahmen as a female the other day, just because.
cheetah1.png
cheetah2.png

Lother

Well that's not really a redesign of an NES sprite, but I had fun imagining what Splatoon could look like on NES.

Splatoon_Test.png

JakeSpencer

Oh I like it! Would love to play something like that on NES (and I've never even played Splatoon). Kind of reminds me of Hammerin' Harry meets classic platformer. Well done.

JakeSpencer

I also redesigned the dragon from Little Samson, and Shredder from TMNT (the first game, by Ultra). These are all for the opening animation to my YouTube channel (the animation is still work in progress).
dragon4.png
shredder1.png

Tried to keep 16x16, but it looks squished. I moved up to 16X24 and it looks a lot better with Final Fantasy 6 sprites in Super Nintendo as template. It is not easy to deal with 3 colors sprite, but could have 5 colors like MegaMan. I am working on sprites for Action Adventure game while NesMaker released in August. I have not named of the title and character yet. Still early progress.

NESanimated_zpsei4aagpz.gif

Shodanbot

Did this as a joke initially, but then I went a bit far with it. It's a full run cycle of an 8x8 sprite of Samus Aran. Here's the sheet:

nSPu5Fk.png

And here's a gif magnified x20.

l7sY9oO.gif

Top Bottom