Resource Sharing

darkhog

I think instead of making "official" one, maybe just link to WolfMerrik site. Why reinvent the wheel if it's already there?

Anyway, maybe you could turn your site part what it's now, part this: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=415 ? With features such as JS emu so you could play uploaded games directly in your browser.

WolfMerrik

darkhog said:
I think instead of making "official" one, maybe just link to WolfMerrik site. Why reinvent the wheel if it's already there?

Anyway, maybe you could turn your site part what it's now, part this: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=415 ? With features such as JS emu so you could play uploaded games directly in your browser.

I definitely want to expand on the rom section, especially since that is a big thing that people will want to share!
Regarding emulation, I never really liked browser-based emu, but I can definitely look into it.
Long-story short, there is a lot of work to be done on the site, and I am hoping I can get all the basic functions done first before looking at the more complex stuff.

WolfMerrik

I could just make a separate section, having user creations be something that transcends a resource. That way people can create a basic page for it that has its own resources (different versions, videos of gameplay, screenshots, etc) - this way it can be constantly updated and always have reliable information, updates, etc. Especially if users do decide to sell their games, people will be informed when they do. I could easily make it so people could "follow" games and be notified when a project is updated.

WolfMerrik

I did a few adds to the site, still no searching, however, You can browse by TAGS now: https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/tags
Also, thanks to Mitsonata for being the first person aside from myself to content!

erockbrox

Cool! Also if you could allow people to upload animated gif files for their resources so that people can see the resource in action. This doesn't apply to every resource, but like if someone coded a new module or something an animated gif showing a glimps of the engine in action would help other users.

WolfMerrik

erockbrox said:
Cool! Also if you could allow people to upload animated gif files for their resources so that people can see the resource in action. This doesn't apply to every resource, but like if someone coded a new module or something an animated gif showing a glimps of the engine in action would help other users.

Most of the resource types allow previews as a secondary resource, currently, if one is not found, it tries to use the resource itself as well. This is also done for FTI instruments / Packs for audio preview. I am not sure if I added gif to the ones with resources, but I will for all graphics previews, animated gifs are always big sellers haha.

A good example of a preview for a file that is different than the image is this: https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/resource/siks_caveman__cavewomen

The resource is BRGB (ready for import) but the preview shows what the completed sprites would look like after being assembled and pallets applied.

An example of music would be: https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/resource/sunsoft_ftm_template

The resource itself is a blank FTM template, but the preview is an audio file that can be played, its just a REALLY quick song that I threw together using it.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I will definitely add gif to the preview format for graphic based resources!

WolfMerrik

MistSonata said:
The website is great so far :)

Thanks so much! I really appreciate you adding resources! It definitely helps the site grow!

I am working on a few things to change it around, but I think the new browse (using icons/previews) looks a LOT better!

Thanks again,

Wolf!

WolfMerrik

Oh okay, I would imagine when you were looking at it was when I was adding the search functions, I turned on the verbose error messages as I was trying to clean up the overall code.
Just great timing I guess haha

so i signed up for an account, verified the email, and it goes into a weird loop of not having access to an account page.

also if i just try to skip past it, i don't have access to the upload page.

WolfMerrik

functionalform said:
so i signed up for an account, verified the email, and it goes into a weird loop of not having access to an account page.

also if i just try to skip past it, i don't have access to the upload page.

For some reason it made your account be a guest account. I really dont know how as that has never happened and I didnt change anything on it.
Either way, I fixed it and I am looking into it.

Sorry about that.

cool, uploaded a Brgb version of my path pack but i have one question

is it possible to be able to upload a 2nd preview image, so i can show it with some example palettes, so it doesn't look so alien to newcomers?

Attachments

• NESmaker-paths-free-assets-brgb.png
    NESmaker-paths-free-assets-brgb.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 3,471
  • NESmaker-paths-free-topdown-groupshot.png
    NESmaker-paths-free-topdown-groupshot.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 3,471

WolfMerrik

Ill add it to it in a minute, I think that category did not have previews enabled (for some weird reason)
I also made a category for paths specifically, I had not even thought of this as a category for some reason.

So thank you 3 times =P

WolfMerrik

There we go, edited: https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/resource/topdown_path_pack_of_doom_1/ to show the preview, and now fixed the JS error that was causing previews to not be allowed on edit of those types.

Looks really great by the way!

there's another thread around here where i offer up my path template for pyxel edit.
makes it pretty painless to draw one because it's laid out like you see it in nesmaker's preview,
but it'll render out a file in the format nesmaker needs 16 tiles wide, 1 path per row.

Top Bottom