[Edit] Question about Handle Sprite Pre-Draw

In the Handle Sprite Pre-Draw code, is there a way to figure out how it's telling what sprite to draw.
DrawSprite #$74, #$14, #$2c, #%00000001, spriteOffset, right here the #$2c is telling it to draw the sword icon from that specific spot in the game objects(I think?), how exactly do I figure out how it is calling that tile, and change it to call from a different spot in the game objects. This info would be helpful if I wanted to be able to change weapons in the A or B slot.

I actually just tried that , and still nothing appearing in the HUD, I looked at that code that draws the sprites to the HUD and mine are the same as Joes in the tutorial.
[Edit] i see something appearing in the brackets now, drew a bunch of scribbles on different tiles, gotta figure which scribble is appearing and why the palette is funky.

In the Handle Sprite Pre-Draw code, is there a way to figure out how it's telling what sprite to draw.
DrawSprite #$74, #$14, #$2c, #%00000001, spriteOffset, right here the #$2c is telling it to draw the sword icon from that specific spot in the game objects(I think?), how exactly do I figure out how it is calling that tile, and change it to call from a different spot in the game objects. This info would be helpful if I wanted to be able to change weapons in the A or B slot.

jsavoie

Hi, I had the same issue but I figured out where those sprites were by drawing shapes with pixel editor in different squares of the GameObjectTiles.

However, I still don't understand how to assign a specific palette for those items. For now, I'm stuck with the same color palette as for my player.
The color seems to be selected in the Pre-Draw code, but I can't figure out how to use a blue and white color as it is in the "adven-tutorial" video. Is it by changing the 0000001 value for a specific one or do we have to create a new sub palette for the hud items?

EDIT:
Finally I just figured out that my sprites was using the "sub-01" colors, which is for the player character's main colors.
I've assigned the sub-02 to my gameobject sprites and now it's showing properly. :)

Thanks!

Top Bottom