Small improvements to add in the next version 4

dale_coop

Staff member
Ok, I know it has been asked before (by others and by me), I think it's a small developpement for you, TheGeek... but those small improvements would make my life with NESMaker so better:
- remember the Size/Position/WindowState of the previous instance of NESMaker
- make the splash a little faster and maybe smaller.
- add parameter to NESMaker to open the project (passed as %1 parameter). We could associated the .MST files to open directly with NESMaker.exe

VoilĂ  ;)

Thanks again for all the work, guys. It's very fun to player with the tool.

Mr. Josh is a MACHINE! We'll soon have a robust program to put our old dreams into reality! Can't wait to show my brother at Christmas!

Oh, speaking of small adjustments, there seems to be a problem with the script window when using High Contrast Color. The background is not listening to Windows colors, and is putting a white background, while the main font is also white because of High Contrast colors. Is it possible to tell NESmaker to use High Contrast colors' background color for the script window as well? Every other window works like a charm! :D

TheGeek

Hey VR, I just added your comments to my ever increasing list. :) TBH, I have never tested it with high contrast windows colors. I am assuming that you are talking about the color syntax highlighter when you view code? If so, I should be able to tweak that. It will likely be a lower priority though... It all depends if it's one of those quick fix things. :)

Thanks!
--Josh

TheGeek said:
Hey VR, I just added your comments to my ever increasing list. :) TBH, I have never tested it with high contrast windows colors. I am assuming that you are talking about the color syntax highlighter when you view code? If so, I should be able to tweak that. It will likely be a lower priority though... It all depends if it's one of those quick fix things. :)

Thanks!
--Josh

"color syntax highlighter", no I don't think so. Most highlighters don't seem to be affected by the High Contrast Color mode. It seems only the non-highlighted color (black) becomes white, but the background, like the non-highlighted colors, ignores the mode, which results in white on white. I'm only a novice programmer mind you, but I think this should be a quick fix (just telling the background of the script window to acknowledge the High Contrast Color choice of background windows.

But I understand there are other priorities, so I will leave the scripts alone for the time being if the fix ends up being more complex that expected!

dale_coop

Staff member
I think vbbandwagon talks about the "BackColor" property of your TextBox (White? SystemColors.Control?).

TheGeek

Hey VR, just to be sure that we are on the same page here, could you post a screenshot?

Thanks!
--Josh

TheGeek said:
Hey VR, just to be sure that we are on the same page here, could you post a screenshot?

Thanks!
--Josh

Here you go, sorry for the trouble!

awnpgpV.jpg

Only the script window has the background problem.

fpJgHD9.jpg

The pixel editor has no problem.

TheGeek

Thanks VR! That is exactly what I wanted to see. I can check that out. Also Dale, I dropped the time on the splash screen to only 1.5 seconds, and the next version reads the cmdline params. So if you associate the .MST extension with NM, if you double click on the save file, it'll load it right up. :) Thanks again for all the suggestions guys!

--Josh

dale_coop

Staff member
Merci beaucoup Josh!
Thanks you, for your hard work.
NESMaker becomes better and better each time!
<3

TheGeek

You guys rock! No, I don't post links to download each version. I leave that for Joe to do all the packaging up with his asm. Releasing every version I send out would be too fast of a release tempo even for me. :) Weekly releases are crazy fast, but with how much we are adding each time, I think it's doable.

--Josh

TheGeek said:
You guys rock! No, I don't post links to download each version. I leave that for Joe to do all the packaging up with his asm. Releasing every version I send out would be too fast of a release tempo even for me. :) Weekly releases are crazy fast, but with how much we are adding each time, I think it's doable.

--Josh

I understand. As long as you don't secretly post new versions on Facebook and not on the forum, I'll be happy! :D :D

Top Bottom