Platform Module Tutorial

Bucket Mouse

So which version do you use? If you're making something in 4.0.6 do you continue to use 4.0.6? Or can you migrate your image folders and MST save files to the new version with no issues?

Rob Burrito

anyone else having trouble with ignore gravity not seeming to work? around 1:13:00 with the carrot game object/object details/actions/ignore gravity checked or unchecked, same result. it's jumps out, and if you have the explode action step set to respect solids it will land then explode. looked around for the code for that for a minute but couldn't locate it. found the project label at least! it doesn't seem to work on any game objects, including the fireball later on.

just a guess as i would have no clue what to write, but would this be something in
platformgame_base\mainscripts\physics_platform_simple at either lines mid 400's, 628, or 857 being missing to check for that bit switch?

One thing that's not clear to me from the module instructions is, when you download THE LATEST VERSIONS of NESmaker does it already include the latest module files and codes in that download? Or, do you also have to download the new modules and follow the instructions to delete the GameEngineData folder and replace with the new files in the Module download? I skipped the latter for version 4.0.6 and it seemed to work fine, but wasn't sure if i was supposed to replace those module GameEngineData files.

I want to make sure I do it right this time for the platformer module. Thanks.

Rob Burrito

the new download is a complete one, (not just an .exe) so yeah i would definitely replace all files for it. that way it will work as it does in the tutorials. i banked my old ones away in an 'outdated NESmaker files' folder for reference to pull out anything i had previously been working on. the fixes in code he walks through in the tutorials are all fixed in the released version. new bugs might appear, but as mentioned it's still new software and at this point is really still a functional beta as they add the new modules.

Hushabye

Hello,
I am trying to make the bunny game following the tutorial video but i have an issue around minute 55... when the bunny fall, the game restart without the death animation. Surelly it's my fault, cos my english is not very good but i dnt know how to solve the problem.
Hope someone can teach me step-by-step.
Thanks,
Fede.

dale_coop

Staff member
You need to set up your player death animation (the « Effect 0 » game object, if I remember well).

Just watch again the video some minutes before... it might be shown somewhere.

Hushabye

Yes, you are right.
I downloaded the full video for watch it without any kind of distractions... but in the video I seen that the "bouncy death" effect is active also in the previous tests.
Probably I have to modify some values on the code, or there is something i lost in traslation (my english is very basic)... I dnt know. Obviously, is not a problem if my bunny dnt have the bouncy death, but I'd like to learn new things with calm and in the right way.

dale_coop

Staff member
Set your "Effect 0", make your graphics...
Then, in the "object details" settings, in the "Actions" tab, make sure for the "action step 0" is checked "ignore solids"
2018_08_31_01_01_52_Effect0_Mort_Player_Object_details.png

I think that's all.

Hushabye

I don't know how or why...

I watched the video several times and followed the tutorial guide... all my settings was ok.
But...

Effect0 -> Object Details -> Actions -> End actions & End Animations -> Restart Game

and...

Effect0 -> Object Details -> Bounding Box -> All values set to "1"

solved the issue. :D

Special thanks to Dale_coop for the support, if u need a real italian espresso, I'll be happy to offer u a cup! :lol:

dale_coop

Staff member
Don't forget to check "ignore solids" for the Action Step 0 (it the only reason, the game would restart in the tutorial).
Or, yes, you're right, you could also:
- set "End of action" to "Reset the game" (you need to set a "Timer" value different than "0")
OR
- set "End of animation" to "Reset the game" (you need to set a "Animation speed" value different than "0")
The result would be almost the same ;)

Special thanks to Dale_coop for the support, if u need a real italian espresso, I'll be happy to offer u a cup!

With great pleasure! <3

Hushabye

Uhm... :|
I think I'll give up...
The tutorial don't explain how the carrot+explosion animation was made... In the video:"You don't have this folder! You have to make your own!"...
Ok... Yes... How?

There is not a user manual?

Fede.

dale_coop

Staff member
In fact, your need to watch the previous tutorial to know/learn the basics about NESMaker:
http://nesmakers.com/viewforum.php?f=25

Hushabye

Uhm... :|
I just find where I mistaken... I'm fortunate to have your printable guide!
Anyway I noticed tutorials are not exactly the same and it make me confused.
Thanks again Dale_coop! :lol:

Fede.

ildalla83

Hi!
In the video I cannot see how to use projectiles and weapons. I saw an old video of beta where is explained, but now it so different...
So how can I shoot with my character?
Tnx

dale_coop

Staff member
ildalla83 said:
Hi!
In the video I cannot see how to use projectiles and weapons. I saw an old video of beta where is explained, but now it so different...
So how can I shoot with my character?
Tnx

Take a look at the topic: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=747

Top Bottom