monster projectile woes

MrGodman

https://youtu.be/b1n_-DaF8SY

been on this problem on and off for pretty much all day and i think it's time to ask where in asm i need to go to to give properties of monster projectiles. i want to have the projectiles to simply fire towards the player, or simply left or right but tweaks i been making so far leads me to this best result.

WolfMerrik

The "ignore physics" (which I am assuming you are using) flag works strangely in the platformer module. I was working on a recode of that, solely for "bullet physics" but sadly have not had the free time with work. Have you tried just using "ignore gravity" instead, and removing the "ignore physics"?

MrGodman

no, neither flags are turned on.

i now changed the monster code so on Action step zero i have him moving LR, on timer 0 change to shoot forward, on timer 1, then null for timer 4 going back to the shoot forward. the randomness of LR makes the enemy sometimes shoot the wrong way, but now the projectiles are moving across the screen. i would want to make code where the monster needs to face the player depending on if it's either on its left or right, but in the meantime, if there's a way to hardwire AI to left or right on spawn i would love to learn about it.

Top Bottom