New 4.0.x Features, or "What is Josh coding next?"

TheGeek

Hey guys,

I mentioned earlier that I'd try and give you guys better visibility into what is being coded in the tool, and this looks like a good enough spot. So! I'll try and keep this up to date for what is now 4.0.8!

4.0.7:
Fixed bug dealing with game object import. It now respects the existing objectID to prevent compile errors
4.0.8:
Added SFX Label linking control to make it easier to link sound-effects to game events. Think linking a PLAYER_HURT = SFX_SPLAT_SOUND
Module import/export support for new SFX links
Added X, Y coordinates on Map Display
Updated program Icon
Support loading a module on File-New
Support user added custom variables
Improved error reporting of compile error vs. emulator error
Normalized setting of flags for new screens
Improved Monster placement by showing names of monsters being placed.
4.0.9:
Fixed new export bug introduced in 4.0.8
Added support for "Run Project Script". This greatly simplifies the sharing and using of .asm code. You take all the asm files you made, zip them up, add an XML file describing it, and other folks can use those scripts!
Fixed all the icons on the various dialogs that I show.
Added support for reading command line params. (This means that you can double click on a .MST file and the associated NESMaker will try and load it.)
Added support for import/export of InputLinks.
Added ImportLink support to XML scripts. (You can put all your scripts, and Input settings in a zip file, and set everything with one click.)
Added multi-tile selection for creating assets and monsters. (If you hold shift and drag select a 2x2 tile area, then all 4 tiles will be set on your asset!)
Pressing 'N' while on the asset creation or monster creation control will select the next tile in the asset. (This will speed up creating new assets!)
Added Create Zipscript feature. (This allows you to create a backup of a scripts folder and easily restore them. It will make sharing of files VERY easy)
Added hex codes to color picker (This is to try and help folks that are color blind or those who want to see the hex value)

Mihoshi20

TheGeek said:
Hey guys,

I mentioned earlier that I'd try and give you guys better visibility into what is being coded in the tool, and this looks like a good enough spot. So! I'll try and keep this up to date for what is now 4.0.8!

4.0.7:
Fixed bug dealing with game object import. It now respects the existing objectID to prevent compile errors
4.0.8:
Added SFX Label linking control to make it easier to link sound-effects to game events. Think linking a PLAYER_HURT = SFX_SPLAT_SOUND
Module import/export support for new SFX links
Added X, Y coordinates on Map Display
Updated program Icon
Support loading a module on File-New
Support user added custom variables
Improved error reporting of compile error vs. emulator error
Normalized setting of flags for new screens
Improved Monster placement by showing names of monsters being placed.

Hmm, improved error reporting of compile error vs. emulator error. That will be interesting to see and the improved monster placement names will be a very welcome addition for sure.

TheGeek

The change is to help identify if the user has entered the emulation incorrectly vs if the user has made changes to their project that prevents it from compiling. Nothing too big at this point, but I plan on improving it. :) With place monsters, I actually prevent placement if a monster group hasn't been assigned. It helps to remind folks that they haven't done it. :)

There is one more feature that I am working on that will improve sharing of stuff in the community, I HOPE to get it coded before Wednesday, but we'll see.

Thanks!
--Josh

Thanks for your constant dedication and hard work! You could also add a direct download link to your post.

No CTRL+scroll up ->zoom in, CTRL+scroll down ->zoom out fix yet? シクシク :(

TheGeek

Thanks guys!

No, I haven't changed the scrolling yet, I want to spend a little more time tweaking the zoomin/out amount to make it a little less jarring. I think you guys will like this other feather I added though... It will make it crazy easy to share scripts.
Oh! and our current release cadence is every Wednesday... It's a little tough, but I like you the fact that you guys don't have to wait as long for cool features.
--Josh

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah, agree! Would be great if some moderators could pin the important topics!
Josh, I suppose you're not a moderator... yet? So... TheNew8bitHeroes? RadJunk? anyone else?

dale_coop said:
Yeah, agree! Would be great if some moderators could pin the important topics!
Josh, I suppose you're not a moderator... yet? So... TheNew8bitHeroes? RadJunk? anyone else?

dale_coop, can I cast my vote to have you as a moderator?

Top Bottom