a bunch of suggestions for improving quality of life

Sorry if some of these have been requested already but here goes!

1.When in the overwold/underworld window, select, duplicate and move screens around on the grid
2.On screen edit window, selectction box add multiple tiles, paint in tiles while dragging mouse cursor, undo/redo, select, copy, paste, move multiple tiles
importing sound effects and music as separate txt files
3.An undo function for pixel editing asset's tile (talking about the edit button, not the pixel editor)
4.Select and delete multiple items in folders.

Some extra features i wish NESmaker had

1.Horizontal scrolling!
2. A way to layer character sprites
3. An option to decide ourselves if we wanna use PCM channel or not or at least use pcm sounds on start, win, game over and such screens where the player isnt mashing buttons so it wont conflict with input.
4. Let us decide for ourselves if we are going to use fades or not and give us the 2 extra gray tones, or implement community workarounds for the problem with fades looking wrong on those 2 specific colors.
5. Parallax scrolling.

We have some of this functionality already:

1. You can select a screen and CTRL + C to copy and CTRL +V to paste it on another selected screen. It's a little finicky though.
2. You can Select + drag your mouse to make a selection, copy it, and paste it. some of the other suggestions are unrealistic for various reasons, but some should be achievable.

drexegar

SuperMar10Brothe said:
Sorry if some of these have been requested already but here goes!

1.When in the overwold/underworld window, select, duplicate and move screens around on the grid
2.On screen edit window, selectction box add multiple tiles, paint in tiles while dragging mouse cursor, undo/redo, select, copy, paste, move multiple tiles
importing sound effects and music as separate txt files
3.An undo function for pixel editing asset's tile (talking about the edit button, not the pixel editor)
4.Select and delete multiple items in folders.

Some extra features i wish NESmaker had

1.Horizontal scrolling!
2. A way to layer character sprites
3. An option to decide ourselves if we wanna use PCM channel or not or at least use pcm sounds on start, win, game over and such screens where the player isnt mashing buttons so it wont conflict with input.
4. Let us decide for ourselves if we are going to use fades or not and give us the 2 extra gray tones, or implement community workarounds for the problem with fades looking wrong on those 2 specific colors.
5. Parallax scrolling.

1. Will have to wait since I assuming all the programing needs to be re hauled to work with scrolling. Screen to Screen has some of its benefits and you should try to take advantage of it while you wait for scrolling.

2. while waiting for layering sprites, if you look on my icon I just design around the 8x8 grid to get more colors, plus I really don't want to want waste the 8 scanline limit since my character is already 3 sprites long leaving only 5 to work with thats not even enough to throw 2 more enemies on the screen without proper placement!

3. PCM takes way to much space than it really is. And the regular sound is still not even working properly, PCM is nice but its not going to kill your game if you don't have any. You can cleverly still do some nice evil laughs and karate voice noise mix with the triangle channels.

4. I would like to use fades! I don't care much about the extra grays as long as the fade is decent that fine!

5. Mapper 30 doesn't support multiple scroll lines, you going to have to fake your parallax with background tile switch, pallete swaps and sprites when the time comes. And you can use those techniques to build a fake one screen auto scrolling level now really.

Top Bottom