The Free Graphic Assets Thread

i love that title screen with the mini NES Maker Logo. Great way to incorporate the NES Maker logo without using a lot of tiles.

So i figured i'd use 2 evenings to bang out some more topdown paths.
These can function as replacements for the beta path assets, or hopefully help you design your own.
included is a variety of rooms, rpg carpets, dirt paths, grass paths, etc.
even a chasm path like the pits in mystic origins.

preview:
topdown-preview.png

These are provided with an example color set, this way you can customize it in the pixel editor
and set the RGB values in the way you want it.

obvious free to use, remix, etc. even in a commercial product.
no credit needed, but it would be nice to pop me a link to show me what you're making.

NESmaker-topdown-paths-free.png

Joe_Cracker

I got this guy, he's like a trojan soldier, more like a robot version of one. I need help making him look better and walking, jumping, fighting. If anyone can help I'd thank you for it.

trojan soldier.png

Blacksheep32

Here's a couple starters I made at 64 x 64, they need to be scaled down obviously, but it lets you customize easier IMO at 64.

Attachments

• HighlanderIdleR.png
    HighlanderIdleR.png
    868 bytes · Views: 4,842

iridium_ionizer

Joe_Cracker said:
I got this guy, he's like a trojan soldier, more like a robot version of one. I need help making him look better and walking, jumping, fighting. If anyone can help I'd thank you for it.
Here is a slight fix to your original pixel art. Notice that while I did not change his vertical dimensions, I did compress his horizontal dimensions (to 16 x 24 pixels or 2 x 3 sprites). It is a good idea to be conservative in the space taken up by the character art (unless you are okay with a lot of flickering, or there are few game objects or monsters on the screen at the same time).

I would also suggest that you add more context if you are requesting help. Is this for a top-down adventure game or a side-view platformer? Do you want the art style to be more realistic or more cartoony? As far as the animations go, its really as simple as moving the pixels for the arms and legs (while hopefully retaining the same sprite dimensions).

Attachments

• troj warrior.png
    troj warrior.png
    329 bytes · Views: 4,811

grhmhome

Here is a great place for free game assets with various licenses, including public domain. This is where I found art for the platformer game I'm making.
Be sure to credit, if you choose to use someones art.
https://opengameart.org/

Dirk

@grhmhome: Wow, there are really some nice assets, thanks for sharing. I want to use only assets I've made myself, but there is a lot of inspiring stuff to find. A real treasure trove.

Jacotomo

I had some scraps that I was going to throw away. It isn't nothing really fancy, but figured that someone else might be able to use them.

example.PNG

forrestNcabin.png

Jacotomo said:
I had some scraps that I was going to throw away. It isn't nothing really fancy, but figured that someone else might be able to use them.

Nice graphics, they are perfect for a medieval Adventure game!

dale_coop

Staff member
Too sad, nesmakerfiles.com is still "temporarily unavailable".

We need a community code/ graphic asset / sfx&song repository! The forum is great... but it's not really easy to find resources when needed (a grass tile, a brick path, a alternative jump script, ...). Would be great to have a place to share all that on nesmaker.com, in a more friendly/efficient way...!?

MistSonata

It was in the first font rar file I posted. You can find it here: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121#p663

Nice characters / monsters, functionalform. <3
Hello NESMAKERS. I would like to know what program you use to treat the image before using it in the nesmaker folder? Here I have files that appear as a map, but when I compile only a few appear... It must have something to do with the RGB colors...

Top Bottom