Extra GGsound Limitations

darkhog

Have you tried naming them without numbers? Like Beach and Beachside? Maybe numbers are being treated the same way as spaces (i.e. everything after and including them is cut off)?

Otherwise, I have pics to prove that:

rcgbu9k.png

nezvers

Wait, I GGSound can't use effects but can use envelopes for a pitch? I thought if no effects then envelopes are out of question.

CutterCross

nezvers said:
Wait, I GGSound can't use effects but can use envelopes for a pitch? I thought if no effects then envelopes are out of question.
GGsound can use envelopes just fine (aside from Hi-Pitch), it just can't use effects or channel volume control.

im having problems with my music not sounding anything like it does in famitracker, i made sure not to use effects column, channel volume, Hi-pitch envelopes, tempo other than 150, spaces in instrument names (ignore the space in the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJjcrH6FySY&feature=youtu.be
Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

DanielT1985

Another thing I found out was that if a part of your song doesn't really use one of the channels in that frame, DO NOT keep it blank. That will make it read as Null and will cause problems. It's best if you just place a random note that doesn't make noise if you still want to have that channel in there silent. It can be one note or 2 or whatever how many you place. As long as you keep something in that frame, it won't read as Null & cause errors. Example is pulse 1 and 2 in my song playing a silent note here: https://bit.ly/2xm7Sm4

darkhog

How do you handle vibrato in famitracker songs that have to convert to NESMaker? I'm guessing using effect 4xy is out of the question...

//edit: Also how do I handle arpeggios in sustain instruments? Is making stupidly long envelope my only option?

CutterCross

darkhog said:
How do you handle vibrato in famitracker songs that have to convert to NESMaker? I'm guessing using effect 4xy is out of the question...

//edit: Also how do I handle arpeggios in sustain instruments? Is making stupidly long envelope my only option?

1. You'd have to use a Pitch envelope that alternates between a higher and lower pitch, like a sine wave. The more rapid the change, the faster the vibrato. The farther apart your higher/lower pitches are from the center, the more drastic the vibrato. And of course, loop the envelope.

2. Just loop your arpeggio envelope.

vufka

CutterCross said:
**UPDATE: The full release does indeed support arpeggios now!

Hi! Thanks for your post. Are effect column arpeggios (0xx) supported? Or do they have to be in the instrument settings? Also, is there a limit to the number of instruments?

Kanbei85

So, when will effects and volume controls be supported? Because not having them is a huge problem. Can't do slide notes. Can't have dynamic changes.

TakuikaNinja

Besides, you can bake pitch slides into instrument macros by using the "record to instrument" function in FamiTracker.

Kanbei85

Besides, you can bake pitch slides into instrument macros by using the "record to instrument" function in FamiTracker.
I am comfortable now using FamiStudio. I can't decipher the spreadsheet look of Famitracker, so I don't see myself using it. Joe stated in the 12 Days of NESmas series that the goal is to have FamiStudio be the supported and recommended software. But simple as FamiStudio is, there are basic features like dynamic changes and effects that are not being supported.

TakuikaNinja

If all else fails, you could always get someone to port songs to the sound driver for you.
There are a few notable game composers who never directly entered music data, but rather had their sheet music or demo tapes ported into the game by sound programmers. Some examples are Kodaka Naoki (freelancer, but mostly worked with Sunsoft), Koichi Sugiyama (Dragon Quest/Warrior series), Masato Nakamura (Sonic 1/2), and Jun Senoue (Sonic 3D Blast).

Kanbei85

If all else fails, you could always get someone to port songs to the sound driver for you.
There are a few notable game composers who never directly entered music data, but rather had their sheet music or demo tapes ported into the game by sound programmers. Some examples are Kodaka Naoki (freelancer, but mostly worked with Sunsoft), Koichi Sugiyama (Dragon Quest/Warrior series), Masato Nakamura (Sonic 1/2), and Jun Senoue (Sonic 3D Blast).
Well, I'm just enjoying this as a hobby, so that would be overkill for me. I'll just have to do without the occasional slide note for the time being. I'm much more annoyed by the weapon spawning bug than this.

Top Bottom