Underground Adventure (platformer WIP)

dale_coop

Staff member
Started playing with the platform module last week. Had a lot of fun. Really good scripts in the module (jump, fireball, ...) and some good here on the forum :)
So here my WIP, it's a small platformer, I added some monsters, some death spikes, a weapon, some items, 1 key... used a small HUD as small as I could (because of the limitations and the bug of the black square at the bottom-right of the HUD, that hide everything at that position).

Underground_Adventure_screen.png

Just made a draft of the 1st level.

Underground_Adventure_Gameplay_Nv2.png

Updated 2018-09-21: added a 2nd level.

You can download the rom file here:

Attachments

• UndergroundAdventure (E).181025.zip
    23.5 KB · Views: 370

chronosv2

I think the black box in the HUD has been fixed -- I use the middle two rows of my HUD extensively in my Showcase ROM and I don't see anything disappearing like it used to.

Dirk

It looks very cute.
After finding the Kickstarter for Micro Mages I got inspired for a game that also has tiny sprites.

dale_coop

Staff member
chronosv2 said:
I think the black box in the HUD has been fixed -- I use the middle two rows of my HUD extensively in my Showcase ROM and I don't see anything disappearing like it used to.

I will test again, but I am pretty sure the issue still exists (the last 16px square at the bottom-right of the HUDremzins black and hide a part of my HUD element).

Dirk

So, I could finally play it on my smartphone. I love the physics in this game, I felt like a flea jumping around :)

Mihoshi20

dale_coop said:
Started playing with the platform module last week. Had a lot of fun. Really good scripts in the module (jump, fireball, ...) and some good here on the forum :)
So here my WIP, it's a small platformer, I added some monsters, some death spikes, a weapon, some items, 1 key... used a small HUD as small as I could (because of the limitations and the bug of the black square at the bottom-right of the HUD, that hide everything at that position).

Underground_Adventure_screen.png

Just made a draft of the 1st level.

You can download the rom file here:

I'm absolutely loving those colors. Exactly the mood and feeling I was going for in Mermay's Den. I'm amazed so far at just all the creativity already on display.

WhiteHat94

Tried out the game and I quite liked the basics of it, the size and speed of the character, however the game really eats your jump inputs when you are landing. You seemingly 'float' barely above the ground when landing and I think that prevents you from jumping immediately.

dale_coop

Staff member
WhiteHat94 said:
Tried out the game and I quite liked the basics of it, the size and speed of the character, however the game really eats your jump inputs when you are landing. You seemingly 'float' barely above the ground when landing and I think that prevents you from jumping immediately.

Thank you Whitehat for your feedbacks. The physics is not perfect, but I will try to make it the best I can (with the limitations of the tool) ;)

dale_coop

Staff member
Spend some time today during my lunch time, and added a 2nd level.
(Not 100% satisfied... I might update it again during the next few days)

dale_coop

Staff member
Redherring32 said:
I'm personally a fan of small, simple sprites,
I can't wait to see how this game turns out!

Oh, thanks Redherring32, I put this little game in standby mode... waiting for the 4.1
I made this for my kid who wanted to play a platformer with a small player in huges caves.
Like small sprites too (in my previous game, "PressStart Game", the player was also a 8px sprite).

zapposh

game.png

Fun game. I very much like the random drop falling from the ceiling too.

You have a little secret passage thing going on there. :)
But I cannot find a way to get past the light blue rocks to get the key (see screenshot).

dale_coop

Staff member
zapposh said:
Fun game. I very much like the random drop falling from the ceiling too.

You have a little secret passage thing going on there. :)

Oh, nice!

zapposh said:
But I cannot find a way to get past the light blue rocks to get the key (see screenshot).

You need to kill both monsters on that screen, it will unlock the passage.

Top Bottom