Polo's Problems with Platforming

PoloBlue

So I've been following the Platformula tutorial as close as possible (I've gotten about halfway through the video as of the time this is being posted), but there are still some problems I'm running into that I want to get rid of before I move on any further:

- When I test the game in the emulator, my character will fall straight through the floor. I've tried setting my platform assets to "Solid" so my character can have something to stand on, but the result is still the same. [S O L V E D]

- I'm also having trouble getting my character to move. I have all the necessary scripts to make my character start and stop moving (and animate accordingly), but nothing happens when I try to test it in the emulator. [UPDATE: Character will move, but the walk cycle won't play completely.]

- Collision with the prize box is... strange. If I try to interact with it from directly above or below, he'll go straight through it. Maybe this has something to do with the size of my character's bounding box? I'm not sure on this one.

- One-way platforms sometimes won't act the way they're supposed to, in that I'm sometimes able to bonk my head on them from underneath.

If you guys have any solutions at all, please send them over my way.

Cheers,
- Polo

EDIT: I'll probably end up using this thread as a log to report any problems I find as I'm building my game. I figured this would be most convenient so there won't be a kajillion posts from me saying "I have this problem" or "I have that problem." It could also be useful for anybody else that may be running into the same issues.

dale_coop

Staff member
Your player has a bounding box? Your set ignore collision or something that could affect the collision check in your player settings?
Paths are quiteb uggy for me, I use it... but it will still remain walkable (I have to use the "7" on my screen to paint with solid collision data everywhere I want it to be solid)

PoloBlue

UPDATE: Platforms are working as they should for the time being, but I'm still having trouble getting my character to move. When I press left or right, it will trigger the first frame of the walk cycle in that direction, but the character still won't move, and it will only be the first frame that plays when I hold the button. I'm certain that I have all the scripts in the input editor to make it work, but the solution is still evading me.

PoloBlue

That seemed to do the trick! Now the only problem I'm having is getting the full walk cycle to play while my character is moving. The full walk cycle will play, but only if he's in the air after walking off a platform, or if I hold up or down as I stop moving. Any fixes to this would be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom