Yokai Hunter Hanmaru

finished the tutorial and now i'm slowly expanding it with more monsters, and more tilesets.
basically just throwing down a bit of a mish mash from 2 projects i'd like to do.

the top down stuff is an top down adventure/quest based game but instead of a fantasy setting, it's 70s japanese superheros.

Attachments

• game-28.png
    game-28.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 3,717
  • game-27.png
    game-27.png
    5 KB · Views: 3,717
  • game-26.png
    game-26.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 3,717
this was the idea i had concerning trying to have a variety of mid tier villains in the game but being mindful of graphic bank space.

the animations are basically the same in the 4 directions but the top portion is interchangeable.
so functionally a new character can be as simple as a 4 tile set, and a new pallete.(or the same palette if they maybe all belong to the same gang.)

hell even the top/down portions are a single tile that can be flipped horizontally.

i have a 4 frame setup for the top/down animations for more visible swing, despite it being basically 2 frames with flipping.
side motions are only 2 frames as i don't seem to notice much of a difference and it conserves space.

Attachments

• generic_kaijin.png
    generic_kaijin.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 3,712
  • generic_kaijin4x.png
    generic_kaijin4x.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 3,712
while i quietly work on assets, assets, and more assets, i figured i would show off the last year or so of concept art of the world i'm dipping into for my game.

Attachments

• eyeee2].png
    eyeee2].png
    351.2 KB · Views: 3,271
  • hammetime.png
    hammetime.png
    690.1 KB · Views: 3,271
  • ironfang2.png
    ironfang2.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 3,271
  • noidea1.png
    noidea1.png