Bionic Girl (WIP) (cancelled)

Gazimaluke

stevenshepherd said:
Nice cover art. What did you make it with?

I so most of my pixel editing in the Android app Pixly.
I have made empty versions of some of the basic image files used for gameobject, monster and backgrounds with a NES color pallet in the upper left corner that I use as a template. It's great to be able to use the right colors. I should make a post with the templates and maybe tips on what pixel editors to use on phones.

Gazimaluke

stevenshepherd said:
Sorry i meant the cover art :)

I misread haha. A guy I know made it. I guess he used a some kind of pad. I said I wanted a mix of Mega Man: Powered Up and Powerpuff Girls.

Gazimaluke

I made the game brighter again. I really thought it looked to dark.

Attachments

• game-21.png
    game-21.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,546
  • game-19.png
    game-19.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,546

Dirk

Oh wow, that looks cool. I love the animation of the hands, subtle but it adds depth. Great job!

Gazimaluke

Updated title screen and will try hearts for health.

Attachments

• game_010.png
    game_010.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 4,354
  • game_012.png
    game_012.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 4,354

Gazimaluke

jorotroid said:
Looks great! I am humbled by your mastery of color usage.

Thanks šŸ˜ It has taken some thinking on how to use the sub-pallets best. I still haven't gotten the pallets for the Woods exactly where I want it.

Here is a new video. Really nothing new. Just built some more level. I want tiles that kill the player so when she falls down pits she dies when hitting water or spikes.

https://youtu.be/JRGjJjpxg5w

Gazimaluke

I updated the idle pose but I don't know if it looks as good as in the picture in-game (can't post picture for some reason).

Still just drawing some graphics in the wait for the next update. Figuring out graphics for the first stage.

https://youtu.be/sQpfZ2S19xQ

Gazimaluke

I am having some issues with the jumping. It just doesn't work when it needs to in some specific situations.
When I jump in a direction and lands on the same level as the jump started then I can jump right as I touch the ground. BUT if I jump on to ground that are above or below the ground I jumped from it doesn't let me jump immediately. As you can hear in the video I am pressing the jump button as I land but the character won't jump until she has started running.
And when I stand still and jump straight up I don't seem to be able to jump when I hit the ground. I feel there may be a little to tight window when you need to press the jump button some times. It should not be just when the character hits solid rather 1-2 pixels before. It's impossible to jump with a flow as the character gets stuck to the ground.

And getting hit by an enemy (of course) breaks the running animation but after that if the character is running the running animation should kick back in but instead the character slides in idle position for a bit.
I know much of this is probably not that hard to fix or may even be on the way to get fixed in the next update. It's just some issues I have found when testing the game.

For some reason the enemies doesn't drop health pickups when I test the game on an NES. But it does drop them in an emulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj0PlcO6ZtY

Attachments

• Jumps1.png
    Jumps1.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 4,160

Dirk

I have very similar problems, but sadly no solutions. Sometimes a second jump doesn't get registered and I run straight into a pit. Getting hurt and jumping immediately afterwards cancels the jump animation and displays the idle animation.

CutterCross

I can't really help with the jumping issue, but I DO have a fix for the idle animation bug!

Basically, in the input editor, you want to assign your ChangeToWalkingAnimation.asm script to "Hold" instead of "Press". Problem is, that will just loop the first animation frame over and over again.

So what you'd need to do is modify the ChangeToWalkingAnimation.asm script to check to see if the player is only in its IDLE animation state.. If so, continue as normal. If not, skip the entire script.
Code:
    LDX player1_object
    GetCurrentActionType player1_object
    BNE +                               ;If the player is NOT idle, skip this entire script 
    LDA Object_status,x
    AND #%00000100
    BEQ +

ChangeObjectState #$01, #$02

+

RTS

If you've ever come across a similar bug where the player starts sliding in its idle animation after a jump, this should fix that too.

Top Bottom