Error Code when trying to test

ThePathway

So I ran into a strange situation when trying to test my player animations and such. When I hit Export & Test the popup shows the following:

C:\Users\Adam\Downloads\nesmaker_4_0_11_platformula\NESmaker_4_0_11_Platformula\GameEngineData>asm6 MainASM.nes game.nes demo.txt
pass 1..
pass 2..
Routines\System\AssignBanks.asm(159): Value out of range.
demo.txt written.

C:\Users\Adam\Downloads\nesmaker_4_0_11_platformula\NESmaker_4_0_11_Platformula\GameEngineData>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

When I hit any key to start I get the following error:

"Error Compiling stuff.... Please check any code changes you made."

I watched the tutorial and did everything in the order shown there but I cannot get this to work. I didn't make any changes to the code at all. Any ideas? I an not sure what the "Value out of range" section listed above means as this is my first time seeing it.

Gazimaluke

I got a similar error. Only mine is line 90. All I have done is added some background graphics and two enemies. So I assume the problem is there somewhere. The line in AssignBanks.asm refers to a background bank (I think).

dale_coop

Staff member
Just before having this error... Did you import music (from the betaAssets or your own)?
Or did you modify some graphics bmp? not the correct dimensions? or modified outside of the Pixel Editor maybe?
Or maybe a problem in your HUD? too much elements in it?

Gazimaluke

dale_coop said:
Or did you modify some graphics bmp? not the correct dimensions? or modified outside of the Pixel Editor maybe?

I think this is my problem. I did import pictures that I hade made in Photoshop. I need to fill in all pixels in NESmaker so there is no faulty ones in there.

dale_coop

Staff member
Ah ok, yes, it might be that.
You can make your graphics in Photoshop. But then, you need to do the copy/paste in the Pixel Editor and save from there.

Gazimaluke

dale_coop said:
Ah ok, yes, it might be that.
You can make your graphics in Photoshop. But then, you need to do the copy/paste in the Pixel Editor and save from there.
The problem was obvious. I had used a monster image and saved it in a BG spot. Not the same size haha.

Top Bottom