Help with a project?

ssakamoto

Hey, this is my first post here! I just picked up NESMaker today, and I'm starting on a demake of Cave Story! My problem is I'm having a little trouble with everything, and having someone to help me out with it (getting it as accurate as possible, tilesets, and all that junk) would be really great! If you wanna contact me, my discord is ssakamoto#8332, and my steam ID is also ssakamoto. I'd really appreciate it!

unknown.png

iridium_ionizer

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but guys making NESMaker only want us making original games. Demakes, remakes, and unofficial sequels put them and the project in a legally precarious situation.

Read the NESMaker FAQ Section on Kickstarter under the question "Can I sell my game? Do I have to pay royalties?" Their statement is pretty clear. Still change the artwork and change the name and you can still have a Metroidvania shooter set in caves with a kawaii (cute) art style.

Mihoshi20

I'm a bit with Iridium on this one. If you're going to go through the effort to completely remake Cave Story for the NES, why not put in just a slight bit more effort and create your own IP? A game inspired by Cave Story. I mean after-all Cave Story is just essentially Megaman in caves and if they'd just done that then we'd never have Cave Story to begin with.

Top Bottom