Monster Not Reversing Direction

RinRem01

Some of my monsters have stopped reversing directions when they hit a solid or edge of the screen. They just stop, stuck there. Has anyone experienced this or perhaps know what is most likely the cause? It's only some of my monsters. I have a monster/parrot that flies in the air and he goes back and forth, but I have a new monster/wolf in another area that runs along the ground and he stops and gets stuck at the edge of the screen. I have the reverse direction settings selected for both edge of screen and solids in the monster options, the "move LR" selected in the monster actions, and I've not tinkered with any scripts. I can't, for the life of me, think or find what I did different between the parrot and the wolf. I also have soldier enemies that I made before the parrot that run back and forth, so it's not anything affected by the "ignore gravity" option because that's the only real difference between the two types monsters except for movement speeds and size. I appreciate any suggestions as to what it could be. Thanks.

dale_coop

Staff member
I think you should take a fresh air deep breath... and check again your monster object details:
- the Edge object reaction is set to "Reverse direction"
- the Solid object reaction is set to "Reverse direction"
- for each monster's action step, the "ignore main physics" is NOT checked.
- the monster has a bounding box

RinRem01

I checked and double checked my monster settings.
- the Edge object reaction is set to "Reverse direction"
- the Solid object reaction is set to "Reverse direction"
- for each monster's action step, the "ignore main physics" is NOT checked. (the action step is move LR)
- the monster has a bounding box

I did add a solid object to the screen (just a simple 16x16 box) to test if it's just the edge or any solid object and the wolf DOES reverse direction when he hits it, but he still gets stuck on the edges of the screen. He runs to the edge and stops.

EDIT: Okay, odd... I placed the wolf in an older area that I finished and he works. It's the new area that I've recently finished causes him to stop at the edges. I can't think of any differences in background tiles either (other than art obviously). Everything is Walkable except the ground, which is solid.

dale_coop

Staff member
Did you made aby modificatoin in the Bounds_Plateform_simple.asm script? (I presume it's a platformer game?)
Another stupid question... Your monster is check as "Monster", right?

RinRem01

Monster is checked as monster. And yes, I did comment out a section that let me move up and down a screen, but I didn't mess with horizontal bounds, unless by accident. I'll check that.

Top Bottom