RPG demo

stevenshepherd

I can't take credit for it, it was pack-in music with NESmaker :) Some people volunteered to have their music available, as running the game requires music to be put in before it will compile. It is a great track!

CutterCross

stevenshepherd said:
I can't take credit for it, it was pack-in music with NESmaker :) Some people volunteered to have their music available, as running the game requires music to be put in before it will compile. It is a great track!
Ah I see. Haven't played with the Adventure module yet so I didn't know it was packed-in.

Mihoshi20

CutterCross said:
stevenshepherd said:
Ah I see. Haven't played with the platformer module yet so I didn't know it was packed-in.

Looks like the game uses the Adventure module instead of the platformer one which had some sample tracks included in the beta assets folder.

SeaFoodAndButter

stevenshepherd said:
After playing around with NESmaker with the survival horror demo, I wanted to get started on what I truly want to make. Just seeing my main character move around on a plain screen is so exciting :D

https://youtu.be/zR91WL4p6xU

Man... that is awesome. Look, I am rookie as they come. But if you watch the tutorials and find a few people to help you a bit, you can start to make something. It will take time, but I like what you got!

This is what I got in 3 weeks time...starting from level "ROOKIE THE NOOB"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFY5lngCrJY

stevenshepherd

thanks! I've watched all of the tutorials going back to the beta ones (I was a beta backer), but I've held off on getting too into the weeds until more videos and updates come up. I don't really want to get into code for features that will be solved by the team within a few weeks with updates and new modules anyway. I'll get into code though once it is clear that what I need isn't going to be built into NESmaker in a point and click way (I suspect the way I want to do battles won't be built in). In the meantime, just enjoying making tiles and planning things out :)

CutterCross

Mihoshi20 said:
Looks like the game uses the Adventure module instead of the platformer one which had some sample tracks included in the beta assets folder.
Oh, did I say platformer module? Oops, I meant Adventure module!

Mihoshi20

CutterCross said:
Mihoshi20 said:
Oh, did I say platformer module? Oops, I meant Adventure module!

LOL, someone has platformer on the brain and I don't blame you.

Mihoshi20

CutterCross said:
Mihoshi20 said:
LOL, someone has platformer on the brain and I don't blame you.
Haha, sure do! Platformer and RPG modules are/were what I've been looking toward the most.

I'm also very much looking forward to the RPG module as RPGs are the games I like to design the most and also have big plans for the menu system in other games as well.

stevenshepherd

Have been working on a little pseudo-cutsceen/trying to get creative with how story can be communicated with limited graphics and assets.

note to grammar police: yes, I need to make an apostrophe for my text ;)

https://youtu.be/t0UaTja54lI

Dirk

Oh man, that is such an awesome scene! I love what you did there! I find your posts very inspiring!

stevenshepherd

New video with some more NPCs, dialog, setting up the story of the game. It makes reference to getting a fishing rod but I don't have that action sorted out yet :)

Being pretty stingy with tiles for now, but if it turns out I can get away with it, I'll get more diverse with them for the different buildings.

https://youtu.be/R6O354KHvgc

Top Bottom