Windows 10 NESMaker not starting

Joseph_D32

I run NESMaker on two computers, one at home and one at work.
The one at work runs Windows 7, it works fine on there.

BUT, at home, running Windows 10 64-Bit, I get a black box (which I'm assuming is where the NESMaker logo is supposed to pop up), and then... nothing. The app closes.

dale_coop

Staff member
Try to download again the NESMaker zip file.
And deactivate your antivirus (or add an exception for the NESMaker folder)

Mihoshi20

ALso make absolutely sure your Win10 install is 64-bit and that you have .net framework 4.5 or above installed and also as Dale mentioned that your anti-virus software isn't being over zealous and removing/quarantining critical parts of NESmaker.

dale_coop

Staff member
And another advice, to put your NESMaker folder in "Program Files" (or "Windows") folder. It's system folders, needs special privileges in order to work properly.

I know what it is, it's that stupid windows smart blocker which says your pc protected you from this app crap.

To make it run just right-click or ctrl-click clicking properties then uncheck unblock and click okay to make the change, then reopen the app.

darkhog

Or disable smart block. Smartblock has a very high rate of false positives and as such should be only a punishment for people who have absolutely no idea that downloading random e-mail attachments is bad. If you know what you're doing, you should disable SmartScreen altogether, because it isn't that smart and in the past let in actual viruses (such as WannaCry).

Top Bottom