How to create something akin to The Lost Woods?

Allow me to elaborate. The game that I'm working on takes place in a huge spooky forest that is filled with untold riches and unimaginable power, one that adventurers never return from. I was hoping to have certain parts of the game where you must fulfill specific requirements to advance to the next screen. If you don't meet these requirements, the screen you are on will repeat seemingly endlessly, much like the Lost Woods in the first Zelda game. I know it should be possible on the NES, I just don't know how to do it, and I haven't seen this talked about anywhere online. As someone who doesn't know how to code, can somebody please explain how to do this on NES Maker?

chronosv2

I think with a deal of ASM coding you could write code to have the bounds code make the screen loop like that but warps for false exits might be an easier way of doing it, and when you get the correct item you trigger the screen so the warps aren't on the map anymore.

fearspork

lost woods no code, make 3 identical screens with a path going up down left right, on all 3 screens make Blank warp tiles on up down and left that always warp you too the first screen , so going right 3 times will get you out

PortableAnswers

fearspork said:
lost woods no code, make 3 identical screens with a path going up down left right, on all 3 screens make Blank warp tiles on up down and left that always warp you too the first screen , so going right 3 times will get you out

Good thinkin!

Top Bottom