Incorrect Path Tile in the Upper Left Corner

jorotroid

Has anyone else run into this? I just noticed that having a path tile at the location 0,1 will always display the center version even when it should display something else. It looks fine in NESmaker in the screen edtor, but at runtime that tile is incorrect. Here are some images showing the problem. The first set is from the game I'm currently working on, the second is from the game I put together in 4.0.6 for the Adventure Challege, and the last set is back in 4.0.11 in a alt project I have set up with unmodified code so that I can test to see if the scripts I have been modding are causing any issues I might get. As you can see in the upper left of each screen the correct tile is displayed in the editor version, but it is incorrect in the emulator. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

U70qJXm.png

darkhog

Have you tried to put HUD over that area of the screen? It won't fix the issue, but will hide it from the player. Even if the HUD would be empty (black bar), it'd still hide it.

MistSonata

Sorry for the late reply, but have you figured out what went wrong? If not, have you tried using my Pathfinder system? That might fix it.

http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=272

jorotroid

Oh, I didn't think of giving that a try. I'll give it a shot when I finish up what I am currently working on and will say if it worked or not. Thanks!

Top Bottom