The Tower of Turmoil

CutterCross

jsherman said:
Very nice job on this! Looks very professional. And yeah, that triple stab. *thumbs up*

The triple Jump-Stab was one of my favorite things to set up! hahaha. That Jump-Stab mechanic is going to open up a lot of interesting level design choices!

CutterCross

Guys, something magical just happened...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrV7TEDBu4k&feature=youtu.be

I finished making an animated cutscene engine with NESmaker, while using little to NO ASM coding! I made some splash screen logos to test it with.

r9aClhB.png
GuE8GXP.png

I can't believe this actually works...

Last edited:

dale_coop

Staff member
Very good looking animated screens! Curious to know how did you achieve that.
Congrats, CutterCross, the result is fantastic <3

CutterCross

Animated Cutscenes are go!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0J44fdQCFU

bIaGVYy.png
EfROqx3.png
AMBWj7A.png
f4M1X4d.png

After about 3 days of work, I've managed to create a dynamic Tecmo Theater style animated opening ala Ninja Gaiden! I had to make use of a lot of clever tricks to pull this one off!

As a sidenote, most of the background assets are not final as I intend to make use of Animated Tiles when they are supported.

So now when someone asks "Can NESmaker do Ninja Gaiden style cutscenes?" the answer is "Yes".

Tell me your thoughts on this!

Last edited:

CutterCross

jsherman said:
I am going to need a thesaurus to keep telling you what a great job you're doing without getting repetitive.
Mihoshi20 said:
Looking incredibly amazing. The more I see the project progress, the more excited I get about it.
dale_coop said:
Congrats, CutterCross, looks awesome!
Love it<3

Thanks so much you guys!

Bucket Mouse said:
Whoa! What are your secrets?

I made them using witchcraft.

...Nah, just joking. I'll have to make a seperate post showing how I made this. Or a video... would anyone want to see a video about this?

Mihoshi20

I made them using witchcraft.

...Nah, just joking. I'll have to make a seperate post showing how I made this. Or a video... would anyone want to see a video about this?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind reading through a write-up about it, though a video would also be really fun to see.

Top Bottom