Hello Everyone! Great Software, Can't Wait to Dig In!

overcast_kid

Hello Everyone,

Just purchased the software. Everyone seems super eager to help out and I'm stoked to learn.

Questions. I'm trying to follow along the platform tutorial and follow step by step precisely, I noticed there was audio issues and a few hard cuts that accidentally don't show how some steps are taken.

For instance, one way blocks aren't shown how to be placed and choose their parameters. I can put down the one way blocks but I cant seem to jump up from underneath them as they remain solid.

Another issue is the fireball he shows us how to make I've gotten to work mostly just when I hit it with my player it doesn't kill me, it just knocks me to the side and I remain alive.

If there is a section to ask these questions at I'll move them there but for now any help would be appreciated!

Best :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :twisted: :eek: :lol: :cool: :oops: :p :cry: :cry: :?: :!: :!: :?: :idea: :idea: :geek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :ugeek: :D :D :D

dale_coop

Staff member
The one way asset must be set to “8 - one way plateform” (dropdown list at top left in the asset property window)

Did you set the bounding box of your objects (fireball ?)
Have you set the fireball object as “monster weapon”?

Dirk

Hi,

welcome at the forum :)

If you have your mouse cursor above the placed tile, does it say one way tile? Above the level editor there is a text line with infos, like position of your cursor and which type of tile you are pointing at the moment.
When you create your assets you can choose the type of the tile, but sometimes your changes don't get saved so double check if it's really a one way tile. For this first select something else in the tree view, like palettes and then re-select assets and check. This way your assets get refreshed and you can check if everything got saved.
If you make eg animations and set your action steps you might to want check your changes too, or you'll wonder why your monsters won't shot or move.

If you still experience problems with one way tiles I recommend having a look at this thread and follow along the instructions.
There is an error in the way collisions are checked, so your player will hit his head on one way tiles. But if you make the corrections in the mentioned thread it will work like a charm.
Oh, and be sure to make a backup of the script before you change it :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Dirk said:
If you make eg animations and set your action steps you might to want check your changes too, or you'll wonder why your monsters won't shot or move.

Yeah, you'r right, it's an issue with the auto-save feature of 4.0.11 version... the 4.1 version will not have this (f******) problem :p

overcast_kid

Fireballs work now thanks!

one way platforms were always set correctly but they still don't work. I tried the fix you suggested on the thread but it just made an error compiling when trying to test the game.

Top Bottom