• nes1.PNG
    nes1.PNG
    262.9 KB · Views: 2,868
  • nes2.PNG
    nes2.PNG
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,867

MistSonata

Hi there!

There's a few problems I can see right off the bat, the first being that you can only have a 128x48 pixel background tileset (as well as a separate 128x16 screen tile set, a 128x48 path tileset, and a 128x32 HUD tileset). And you can only use one tileset at a time while the game is running, but the game can swap out tilesets when it switches screens.

Second, you seem to have your 16x16 tiles separated by a pixel grid, and it's making them all off center. If you want to use your tiles properly you'll need to erase the grid and bring your tiles closer together.

Third, you'll need to convert the image to BRGB (black, red, green, blue), otherwise the graphics will not show up at all when you compile the rom. It may look just fine in the tool, but I guarantee you it won't show up unless it's in a format that the tool can convert to CHR. Joe made a tutorial about it that you can watch here.

Good luck!

dale_coop

Staff member
Assets tile sets are 128x48.
Yours definitely isn't at normal size (looks very huge). It can't fit in a tileset. And the colors are completely off. (it should be RGB)
Did you watch the tutorial videos?

I strongly suggest you to follow the tutorial videos in the section: http://nesmakers.com/viewforum.php?f=25
To learn how to use NESMaker and how to make your first games. Else you will me able to make anything in NESMaker.

zeos101

I am about half way threw the adventure video my issue is i am just total arse at pixel art

Great to know the size rule tho thank you for that info, as for the color I was using the pixel edit to change the colors manual this should work ok yes?

When I am done I click on the bad pixels and none are shown

zeos101

Thank you all for the help I have now completed my very first 1 screen village with buildings paths even windows and doors in the shops.

Next scary thing to tackle player and mob sprits and animations

Top Bottom