Bionic Girl (WIP) (cancelled)

Gazimaluke

CutterCross said:
I can't really help with the jumping issue, but I DO have a fix for the idle animation bug!

Thanks, I will try it out next time I work on it.

Here is a video of the latest build. Added enemy death animation (placeholder), health item drops and can be picked up (but doesn't give health),c hanged character speed, made the Robotic Cod bigger and gave the boss more color. I also made a work in progress boss look a bit better.

Attachments

• RoboticCod_OldNew.png
    RoboticCod_OldNew.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 4,373
  • LumberGeneral-Idle.png
    LumberGeneral-Idle.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 4,373
  • BombGeneral_OldNew.png
    BombGeneral_OldNew.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 4,373

Gazimaluke

Well I forgot to link to the video :p
https://youtu.be/W4SRxa0wgCM

I'm not really satisfied with the Robotic Cod. I want more color to it.

dale_coop

Staff member
And you know what would be great... if your ennemies would shoot projectiles ;)
(It’s not too difficult to get it... we can help you if issues).

Gazimaluke

dale_coop said:
And you know what would be great... if your ennemies would shoot projectiles ;)
(It’s not too difficult to get it... we can help you if issues).
I know haha. I'm just waiting for 4.1.0. I am rebuilding it all so I'll get the shooting going then (with your guidance of course).

Gazimaluke

Today I made a change to some graphics. I have been mening to do it since almost I first made the original version of it. I just have kept forgetting. There were no logic to the original version of it. And the new version is so much better. But I had a kid in one arm so I couldn't take a proper screenshot.

Gazimaluke

How do I set where enemy shots are coming from? I don't want them to shoot with their heads 😅
https://youtu.be/nrQsGGSTDm0

dale_coop

Staff member
If your using the "shoot straight" action, for example, you need to modify the hootStraight.asm script (at line 15) adding :
Code:
;; shoot fireball straight	
	TXA
	STA tempx
	LDA Object_movement,x
	AND #%00000111
	STA temp3
	TAY
	LDA DirectionMovementTable,y
	ORA temp3
	STA temp3
	;; get offset
	LDA Object_x_hi,x
	STA temp1
	LDA Object_y_hi,x

CLC
    ADC #$04    ;;<<-- vertical offset of the monster's projectile (change the value to adjust from #$00 to #$0F or more)
    STA temp2

CreateObject temp1, temp2, #$02, #$00

LDA temp3
    STA Object_movement,x
	LDX tempx

Gazimaluke

dale_coop said:
If your using the "shoot straight" action, for example, you need to modify the hootStraight.asm script (at line 15) adding :
Thanks Coop, my savior as usual. I was looking in that script but as you might know by now I have little knowledge of asm (I hope to get time to at least understand the basics of it one day). I'll take it for a spin this evening. I managed to get them to shoot but I don't know what I did differently than last time I tried. I might have had ignore gravity checked instead of ignore physics.

dale_coop

Staff member
Glad you made it :)
Yeah the flag “ignore main physics” is usually source of mistakes...
(This flag is used for the action step 1, of the “source projectile” object. That action step is used by the script “shoot toward player”. And used also for the player death effect)

Gazimaluke

Why can't I import this sound?

Code:
# FamiTracker text export 0.4.2

# Song information
TITLE           "Shot"
AUTHOR          "8BitUnit"
COPYRIGHT       ""

# Song comment
COMMENT ""

# Global settings
MACHINE         0
FRAMERATE       0
EXPANSION       0
VIBRATO         1
SPLIT           32

# Macros
MACRO       0   0  -1  -1   0 : 15 12 9 6 3 0
MACRO       0   1  -1  -1   0 : 8 8 8 8 8 8
MACRO       4   0  -1  -1   0 : 3 2 1 2 3

# DPCM samples

# Instruments
INST2A03   0     0  -1  -1  -1   0 "Kick"
INST2A03   1     1  -1  -1  -1   1 "New instrument"

# Tracks

TRACK   3   6 150 "Newsong"
COLUMNS : 1 1 1 1 1

ORDER 00 : 01 03 00 01 00

PATTERN 00
ROW 00 : E-5 00 F 255 : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ...
ROW 01 : ... .. . A0F : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ...
ROW 02 : ... .. . 000 : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ...

PATTERN 01
ROW 00 : E-5 00 F 255 : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ...
ROW 01 : ... .. . A0F : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ...
ROW 02 : ... .. . 000 : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ...

PATTERN 02
ROW 00 : E-5 01 F 255 : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ... : ... .. . ...

# End of export

Gazimaluke

dale_coop said:
The change generated this. Which is something to do with sound.
Edit: I commented out that part in MainASM and got it to work. But changing that value added to shootstraight doesn't do anything with the enemies offset.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 4,172

Dirk

Gazimaluke said:
Why can't I import this sound?

Sorry, I have no clue how famitracker works, but could it be that you should have
Code:
ORDER 00 : 01 02 00 01 00
instead of
Code:
ORDER 00 : 01 03 00 01 00
because you have pattern 00-02.

Gazimaluke

Dirk said:
Gazimaluke said:
Sorry, I have no clue how famitracker works, but could it be that you should have
I'll try it next time I fiddle with the game.

I just almost got the projectile limit to work. But it works to good. I can only shoot 3 shots and then no more hahaha.

dale_coop

Staff member
Gazimaluke said:
dale_coop said:
The change generated this. Which is something to do with sound.
Edit: I commented out that part in MainASM and got it to work. But changing that value added to shootstraight doesn't do anything with the enemies offset.

For your sounds, you need to have at minium a sfx_xxx (any sound but name needs to begin with "sfx_") and a song_xxxx (any music but name needs to begin with "song_") in your project, in order to work properly. ...I think.

For your shoot straight script. Are you sure you modified the one your projet currently use?
Open your "Project Settings > Script settings" and assign the AI Action 06 - .... to the correct script (the one your modified) I think in your projet, it's the adventure one that is used :p

2018-11-08-21-49-29-Project-Settings.png

CutterCross

You need to have all of your songs and sfx in ONE file to import into NESmaker. When you import a new sound file, your old one gets replaced.

Gazimaluke

CutterCross said:
You need to have all of your songs and sfx in ONE file to import into NESmaker. When you import a new sound file, your old one gets replaced.
I have no sound in the project at all right now. And I don't know how to get all sound in one file. So right now I really just want to get the shooting sound in :)

CutterCross

Gazimaluke said:
I have no sound in the project at all right now. And I don't know how to get all sound in one file. So right now I really just want to get the shooting sound in :)

Just go to Module>Module Properties in Famitracker and you can add more songs/sfx to your file.

Top Bottom