Bionic Girl (WIP) (cancelled)

Gazimaluke

CutterCross said:
Gazimaluke said:
I have no sound in the project at all right now. And I don't know how to get all sound in one file. So right now I really just want to get the shooting sound in :)

Just go to Module>Module Properties in Famitracker and you can add more songs/sfx to your file.

I see. I am actually not using Famitracker myself. But that sounds pretty easy to do then. But this sound is all I got right now.

dale_coop

Staff member
Maybe... You could add some from the beta?
(In famitracker, Module>Module Properties... import ? Then go to the NESMaker betaAssets folder)

Gazimaluke

dale_coop said:
Maybe... You could add some from the beta?
(In famitracker, Module>Module Properties... import ? Then go to the NESMaker betaAssets folder)

That's a good idea. Just have my sound piggy back with the other sounds.

Gazimaluke

So I am slowly starting to rebuild stuff in 4.1.5. This first try didn't end up all that great 😂
https://youtu.be/lz_k_ePHBnk

Gazimaluke

jsherman said:
Glad to see this game lives on!

I didn't think that NESmaker supported two way scrolling.

I think it gets buggy if you do. I just wanted to see what happened. But even if I only used right scrolling it got messed upp when I was going right like in this video. I have no idea why. So I can't get further than that in the level.

Mugi

Its because youre using paths for your graphics, and paths are not currently working with scrolling.

The paths dynamically draw tiles based on what is next to them on the screen, but with scrolling, the game doesnt see past the sceen edge so it always draws the "first" path tile as it assumes there is no path tile next to it.

AllDarnDavey

Mugi said:
Its because youre using paths for your graphics, and paths are not currently working with scrolling.

The paths dynamically draw tiles based on what is next to them on the screen, but with scrolling, the game doesnt see past the sceen edge so it always draws the "first" path tile as it assumes there is no path tile next to it.

No path tiles and scrolling, is that so? I haven't tested paths and scrolling yet.

Man that changes my plans a bit. Paths eat up like 1/3 of the background tile space too, I don't suppose there's a way to disable paths and get tile space back for regular tiles is there?

Mugi

There is but doing so makes you unable to use the screen painter tool properly, and you need an external tool for creating your screen assets, which also display in really messed up ways in nesmaker. If you get past all that, you just gained 16 new metatiles per tileset.

http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1820#p11512

Gazimaluke

I can live without scrolling. It's a bit sad that you can't user paths but I want the space for other background graphics than just paths.
It's kind of disappointing that you can't scroll like in basically every NES games that was released after 1985.
I might even consider reworking it in to a Zelda view action adventure. Then I wouldn't feel so limited.
And it would fit with the game I am working on in Unity.

Gazimaluke

I would really like to have a dedicated programmer for my game. I will never have the time to learn coding in asm and just adding someone else's scripts is frustrating since I then can't adjust it to my needs. Graphics and design is the part I understand and with very little time to spend on this I can't do the code part. If anyone is interested in helping out please send a DM.

Graham1971

It looks awesome. The Title is awesome BTW. But in my humble opinion i think the letter C needs to be open just a bit. at first glance it looks like an O. I think you just need a black line or two.

Top Bottom