Mermay's Den

Shodanbot

It reminds me of a Metroid & Ecco the Dolphin inspired game from way back when called Aquaria. A few control and collision bugs here and there in FCEUX and unfortunately I don't have real hardware to test it on, but other than the quirks I liked it. The shooting is quite fun to play around with and has given me a few ideas. Music is nice too and fits the water setting.

Mihoshi20

Shodanbot said:
It reminds me of a Metroid & Ecco the Dolphin inspired game from way back when called Aquaria. A few control and collision bugs here and there in FCEUX and unfortunately I don't have real hardware to test it on, but other than the quirks I liked it. The shooting is quite fun to play around with and has given me a few ideas. Music is nice too and fits the water setting.

I'll have to check out Aquaria, sounds pretty fun.

Mihoshi20

functionalform said:
what's weird is i ran into the same kinda collision bugs when playing on fceux and bizhawk on my pc,
BUT
i haven't ran into any yet running fceumm on my nes classic.

*shrug*

p.s. - any sort of artwork for this i could use for the game on the classic's menu?

Unlikely as I don't have an NES Classic Edition to experiment with, you or someone else can make one though if they so choose, or I may take a look if you can link me to a template but I don't really have the time currently to dedicate to making one so it would be a when I have time sorta thing. My next game though I am considering doing boxart for so may also consider doing NES Classic Edition menu art if there's enough demand for it otherwise it'll probably once again be a roll your own basis.

Mihoshi20

darkhog said:
Well, I did a speedrun of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mon8DOND39I

Not bad, never would I have ever imagined someone would try and speedrun it, let alone do it so quickly. LOL.

mrTentacl

Neat game, really liked it! It runs fine on my pal nes aswell :)
I used it to test my unrom512 boards and it works great.

uc

Mihoshi20

mrTentacl said:
Neat game, really liked it! It runs fine on my pal nes aswell :)
I used it to test my unrom512 boards and it works great.

uc

Great to hear it works on PAL systems as I only had US and Japanese NTSC units to test on and also glad to hear it works on UNROM-512 carts as currently I can only test on my PowerPak. Were these InfiniteNESLives UNROM-512 carts, your own custom wireup, or another PCB maker's boards? Also, the image you tried to post didn't seem to go through.

Mihoshi20

mrTentacl said:
Hmm, I'll try to fix it later.
I'm using my own board that I've designed from available schematics

Fantastic to hear it works using the UNROM-512 specifications. I thought about ordering one of CaitSith's boards off of OSH Park but felt they wanted too much for the production of it for me to just experiment with and it wasn't critical for testing anyhow just yet but I did want to test on my NOAC based famiclone which is the only unit I can't test on yet.

mrTentacl

Yeah, my board is based on the same schematic I think. The problem with oshpark is that they don't make pcbs with the correct thickness. Nes boards are 1.2mm thick, osh only make 1.6.

Mihoshi20

mrTentacl said:
Yeah, my board is based on the same schematic I think. The problem with oshpark is that they don't make pcbs with the correct thickness. Nes boards are 1.2mm thick, osh only make 1.6.

That's very good to know as I wasn't aware of that. Thankfully CaitSith provided their eagle file.

timkilgore

Anyone when playing this switch back and forth between screens quickly and get put into some crazy glitch screen with only the first background tile?

Mihoshi20

timkilgore said:
Anyone when playing this switch back and forth between screens quickly and get put into some crazy glitch screen with only the first background tile?

Yeah, a lot of people actually, including myself during testing. It's a very well known bug in the game.

Very professional!
But I somehow managed to get stuck in a wall!
Sometimes I wander why I'm such a blubbering idiot....

Mihoshi20

Redherring32 said:
Very professional!
But I somehow managed to get stuck in a wall!
Sometimes I wander why I'm such a blubbering idiot....

LOL, it happens. I'd talked with Joe on a few causes as to why it happens but it's of no fault of your own.

Mihoshi20

Tengen Games North said:
I really liked it, short but to be expected with these first games.

Most designed to get familiar with the beta version of NESmaker, though I do plan to revisit the game when NESmaker has become a more mature application and polish it up. Very glad you liked it though as it was very fun to make and would never have become a reality so quickly without NESmaker.

Through seeing and playing some of the games I would say NESmaker has lived up to my expectations and will probably surpass them. I am still waiting for the next more mature and polished version to begin but finally began with famitracker which now that I've played with it is easier than I had thought it would be.

Top Bottom