Underground Adventure (platformer WIP)

drdocker

Just played through this and had a blast. Super fun jumping and scale, makes me wonder why there wasn't a game like this back in the 80's.

dale_coop

Staff member
Thank you drDocker. It's still in WIP (need to add a lot features. Currenlty, don't have a lot of free time... and I am waiting for the 4.1 to be able to add more custom scripts).
But agree with you, why we did not have games like that in our childhood.

red moon

I just played through (i had played the bit off version previously) Amazing experience, I loved jumping that tiny little guy around and exploring. Getting the 2 gems felt like a real accomplishment! Beautiful, clean presentation with tight controls...well done! I like the tall upright creature in the 2nd chamber... it was really weird and really cool!

Attachments

• end.jpg
    end.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 4,678

dale_coop

Staff member
Thank you, red moon, for having tried that game... it's was my first platformer, not really finished, not really polished... a demo.
But I learnt a lot. I made a Arcade single screen game based on the same universe, Underground Adventure (Arcade), for the Byte-Off competition.

Slime Stack

I finally got to try Underground Adventure out. It was super fun to play. :D

I like how high and fast the character jumps. It reminded me of Lil the daughter character in The Legacy of the Wizard, except the Underground Adventure character moved a lot faster. I really enjoyed that speed. It makes it really fun to zoom around the screen like this, and doesn't feel like such a slog when you die and have to restart from a checkpoint. (I totally died a lot on the second level), it took me a while to figure out how to jump over the spikes when there was a low ceiling. Although, with such quick movement it wasn't discouraging to have to play through a few screens to get back where I was.

Also, the graphics look really nice. The pink monsters popped against the background, so it was easy to tell what could hurt you and what couldn't. The blacks and blues in the first level, and the blacks and greens in the second level really felt like you were in a cave. This was totally a fun couple of levels.

The music was fun and fitting too! It gave me that exploring type of feel.

dale_coop

Staff member
Thank you, Slime Stack, for playing my demo. And for your feedbacks. I really appreciate <3
I hope I can continue it some day.

Top Bottom