The Tower of Turmoil

Bucket Mouse

SPOILER...

Did you actually rebuild every room in mirror-image, or is there some advanced code trickery here?

CutterCross

Bucket Mouse said:
SPOILER...

Did you actually rebuild every room in mirror-image, or is there some advanced code trickery here?

Yes, I rebuilt EVERYTHING from scratch for the Blackout levels. I don't even have room left for any advanced code like that!

This is how the Overworld Map is set up:

G4OWdJk.png

I figured I have all this space to work with, might as well use it! And that's not even counting the Underworld Map! (Which I didn't use.)

CutterCross

dale_coop said:
That part was very fun, my son and I had a lot of fun trying to memorize the correct paths ;)

I wonder how many people actually figured out the trick to the maze instead of just doing it by trial and error.

I do hope you come back to this later and put a bit more time into it for a lengthier and little less buggy game. Very fun, fair challenge, nice graphics, superb music... liked the game mechanics, just too short.

CutterCross

****UPDATE: I added Ver. 1.01 to the main post which fixes a couple bugs with Ver. 1.00. Also the forum was having a fit and wouldn't let me keep both files on the page, so Ver. 1.00 is gone for now.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't tried/beaten the game yet and want to see the rest for yourself, ignore the rest of this post!

I've uploaded a complete No-Damage developer run over on Youtube! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqw_ytS9lig&feature=youtu.be

ALSO, I have a new challenge for all of you! Find the hidden Sound Test menu and show how you accessed it through screenshots/video!

dale_coop

Staff member
Oh nice thank you for that new version.
Will play again this weekend <3

CutterCross said:
ALSO, I have a new challenge for all of you! Find the hidden Sound Test menu and show how you accessed it through screenshots/video!

Ah ah my son and I found that menu... whilz jumping everywhere in the screens ;)

Mihoshi20

CutterCross said:
After over 3 months in development, The Tower of Turmoil is finally complete!

Hundreds of people have mysteriously disappeared throughout the land, and a treacherous tower has seemingly risen out of nowhere...

A lone swordsman named Takemaru Kurumana has sensed a great amount of dark energy from the tower, and knows that he's the only one capable of stopping it. As the wielder of the Sword of Divinity, Takemaru races toward the Tower of Turmoil to dispel the source of the dark energy within, and solve the mystery behind the rapid disappearances.

Thanks to everybody who has helped support this game! For those who want to see its development history, click here: http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=227
Special thanks to dale_coop, jorotroid, MistSonata, and WolfMerrik for their ASM contributions!

I'd love to see screenshots and videos of you guys playing this game! So feel free to post them down below! Have fun and thank you for being patient with this game's development! It's been a wild ride!

Made with NESmaker 4.0.11 Platformer Module

Congrats on release! Can't wait to give it a go and check it out!

jorotroid

Oh, wow! I completely didn't notice you posted the finished version of your game till now. I'm glad to finally play it. You really went above and beyond with your cutscenes! Plays real nice, too. Great level design. All the glitches I ran into have been mentioned by everyone else, I think. I only made it to about halfway through the blackout because some of the glitches made it too hard to progress. Nevertheless, I had a lot of fun playing this. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Also thanks for the credit!

CutterCross

jorotroid said:
Oh, wow! I completely didn't notice you posted the finished version of your game till now. I'm glad to finally play it. You really went above and beyond with your cutscenes! Plays real nice, too. Great level design. All the glitches I ran into have been mentioned by everyone else, I think. I only made it to about halfway through the blackout because some of the glitches made it too hard to progress. Nevertheless, I had a lot of fun playing this. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Also thanks for the credit!
I couldn't have finished it without you man! Thanks for helping me out with the sprite layering and stuff. And thanks again for trying out the game!

I so want this as a REAL cart why not make a cool label and I can order another mapper 30 board and a black 3rd party nes shell to house this with a cool label XD also a cool rad box to protect it as well

CutterCross

dale_coop said:
Mihoshi20 said:
Any plans of doing a developer commentary?
Really good idea ;)
I've definitely considered doing that! But I think now's not the time. Some day in the near future maybe.

Scythe&GenGames said:
I so want this as a REAL cart why not make a cool label and I can order another mapper 30 board and a black 3rd party nes shell to house this with a cool label XD also a cool rad box to protect it as well
Hold that thought, I've got plans for that. ;)

dale_coop

Staff member
Look at the map here... ou might figure out how to escape from the maze:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=8811#p8811

Top Bottom