Dimension Shift

Mugi

Re: Dimension Shift

Post by Mugi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 pm
Yeah fading transitions is what I wanted of my cutscenes...title screens... for the demo, I followed your suggestions and use object actions (end of actions).
But would really love to have a real/solid fading transition system.
This system is good if you intend to use it a lot but if you simply want it for a cutscene and maybe startscreen, it makes no sense to use the fadecode im using.
it's way too large for that sort of thing. to justify the use of this code you will have to use it a lot, othervise, making an objectfader saves you a ton of programspace (not to mentionZP ram, i literally have 2bytes free on ZP because of the fader.)
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Heya~

Now that the temple stage is out there and the compo is off the way, i finally had time to properly sit down and work on more of the tilesets for the game.

here's Stage B (cavern). The tileset is complete but this particular video still omits background decorations (purple palette is used for drawing some staglamites on the cavern background, i'll show a picture or 2 of that once i actually implement it.)
aside that, the tileset is complete for the most part, minor changes pending.

main attraction here would be the water (in addition to speed reduction, you appear behind the water and the underwater bridge elements/underwater vegetation.)

Im fairly pleased with this tileset now, and finishing this made me realize just how much in shit i actually dipped myself into, just the thought that i'll have to pull out atleast 3 more tilesets of equal quality gives me the creeps x.x
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Amazing work! Love the graphics in that cavern <3
Keep goin'... Can"t wait for a release of this game (I'll buy it!).
Your game is awesome, Mugi.
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:22 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:54 pm

i'll have to finish it and figure out how to sell it first though, but i'll keep that in mind ;)
Lother

Post by Lother » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Mugi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:22 pm
dale_coop wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:54 pm

i'll have to finish it and figure out how to sell it first though, but i'll keep that in mind ;)
Maybe you could try to contact Nintendo to distribute it through the NES Online service. I don't know if it will work, but it costs nothing to try.
_____
The game I'm currently working on : FIGHT OF THE PHOENIX
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:22 pm

i think i'll just settle on figuring a way to produce a few cartridges and sell them off. but we'll see :P