Need Help With Scrolling Platformer Maneuvering Option

doctorshepherd

Hi everyone, I am co creating a scrolling platformer type game in which the main character is a vehicle driving on a road from left to right. I used the base_scrollingplatformer module to get it started. Under screen info I chose screen uses gravity, screen scrolls R, and edge stops player. I am having no issue with the flow of driving on the road inside of the that single lane tile, but lets say I want 3 lanes of road, I would love to be able to use the up and down button to maneuver and change lanes on the road. I want to be able to do the same mechanism as the characters in the NES Roadrunner game where they are able to move all around the road, here is a playthrough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hldPx0qIMGU. I have no idea on how to do this. If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. If you need pictures or examples of what I have created so far to better explain what I am trying to do, just let me know and thank you in advance!

Mugi

for this type of game, you propably should use the scrolling shooter module instead of platformer.
platformers have gravity based physics which are less suitable (not impossible to work with though.) for this kind of game.

Top Bottom