Parallel Worlds

Mihoshi20

Re: Parallel Worlds

Post by Mihoshi20 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:42 am

I imagine it'll be added eventually as I don't see why animation on the title screen wouldn't be possible. My hope really is that sprite animation and scrolling back drop will be possible and don't see why it won't be.
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Mon May 07, 2018 12:52 am

Mihoshi20 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:42 am
I imagine it'll be added eventually as I don't see why animation on the title screen wouldn't be possible. My hope really is that sprite animation and scrolling back drop will be possible and don't see why it won't be.
I asked Joe Granato about adding sprites to special screens a while ago on YouTube and he said that we would be able to add them, just not right now I guess. As for scrolling backdrops I'm not so sure. I imagine that when scrolling is implemented into NESmaker in general they might add it to special screens as well.

I know parallax scrolling won't be native to NESmaker, but I think I might be able to "fake" some parallax scrolling with my 3 shades of red palette swap idea.
The Tower of Turmoil: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=227
Mihoshi20

Post by Mihoshi20 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:35 am

I've thought about faking it just with animated tiles in some places to just fill in the gaps for the time being. As the versions go along NESmaker will become more and more capable then in it's beta state so I hold no shortfalls against it as it stands now as it's fairly capable as is and can only get better from here.
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Thu May 24, 2018 2:35 am

So I've been messing around with NESst cramming as much as I can in the limited graphic space and experimenting with color palletes. Here's my results!
(Keep in mind that I don't have access to the beta, so most of this is just guesswork and may need to be retooled in the future!)

Image Image
I used up all of the 16x16 background tiles (some of which are going to be used on different screens, like the bathtub and sink), and I reserved the screen specific tileset for common furniture I can use throughout the whole game (beds, tables, etc.). I used all 4 paths for the floor/rugs and for a gradient on the walls. I left the HUD area blank for now.

I'm probably going to use sprites to make other details, like doors and a lamp. I'm also planning to be able to scroll from one screen to the next.
Mihoshi20

Post by Mihoshi20 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 am

CutterCross wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:35 am
So I've been messing around with NESst cramming as much as I can in the limited graphic space and experimenting with color palletes. Here's my results!
(Keep in mind that I don't have access to the beta, so most of this is just guesswork and may need to be retooled in the future!)

Image Image
I used up all of the 16x16 background tiles (some of which are going to be used on different screens, like the bathtub and sink), and I reserved the screen specific tileset for common furniture I can use throughout the whole game (beds, tables, etc.). I used all 4 paths for the floor/rugs and for a gradient on the walls. I left the HUD area blank for now.

I'm probably going to use sprites to make other details, like doors and a lamp. I'm also planning to be able to scroll from one screen to the next.
I love it, especially the hanging drapes. They look a little bit like waterfalls to me too so they could easily pull double duty as that too if you needed it.
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Thu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Mihoshi20 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 am
I love it, especially the hanging drapes. They look a little bit like waterfalls to me too so they could easily pull double duty as that too if you needed it.
I actually was thinking of reusing the curtain graphics as waterfalls, but all of the outdoor areas are going to be on a different tileset, so I'll have to redraw them anyway. (Unless I put them in the screen specific tileset.)

I've also been working on character sprites!

(From left to right) Player and Main Party Members:
Image Image Image
Secondary Party Members:
Image Image
NPC's:
Image Image Image
Tengen Games North

Post by Tengen Games North » Thu May 24, 2018 6:22 pm

i like it!
stevenshepherd

Post by stevenshepherd » Thu May 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Sprites look great!!!
CutterCross

Post by CutterCross » Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Tengen Games North wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:22 pm
i like it!
stevenshepherd wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:33 pm
Sprites look great!!!
Thank you!
Mihoshi20

Post by Mihoshi20 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:01 pm

CutterCross wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm
Mihoshi20 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 am
I actually was thinking of reusing the curtain graphics as waterfalls, but all of the outdoor areas are going to be on a different tileset, so I'll have to redraw them anyway. (Unless I put them in the screen specific tileset.)

I've also been working on character sprites!

(From left to right) Player and Main Party Members:
Image Image Image
Secondary Party Members:
Image Image
NPC's:
Image Image Image
Looking wicked cool already.