Mermay's Den

User avatar
CutterCross
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by CutterCross » Fri May 25, 2018 3:50 pm

That's pretty awesome! Nice to see you got it running on all sorts of hardware!

Game looks pretty good too! All it needs is an NES version of Aquatic Ambience (DKC) in the background XD
The Tower of Turmoil: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1348
User avatar
Mihoshi20
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by Mihoshi20 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:15 pm

CutterCross wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:50 pm
That's pretty awesome! Nice to see you got it running on all sorts of hardware!

Game looks pretty good too! All it needs is an NES version of Aquatic Ambience (DKC) in the background XD
Hmm, I like that idea. Been wracking my brain over just what type of musical mood I want to set. Want something dark and atmospheric, but not overly sinister or broody as it'll get lighter as you move up towards the surface.
User avatar
CutterCross
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by CutterCross » Fri May 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Mihoshi20 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:15 pm
Hmm, I like that idea. Been wracking my brain over just what type of musical mood I want to set. Want something dark and atmospheric, but not overly sinister or broody as it'll get lighter as you move up towards the surface.
Ambience is definitely a good mood to set for this sort of game. Depending on how long you're planning the game to be you might want multiple songs for different screens (like in the darker sections the music is more atmospheric but the lighter sections are more inspiring/hopeful etc.)
The Tower of Turmoil: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1348
User avatar
Mihoshi20
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by Mihoshi20 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:55 pm

CutterCross wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:35 pm
Mihoshi20 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:15 pm
Hmm, I like that idea. Been wracking my brain over just what type of musical mood I want to set. Want something dark and atmospheric, but not overly sinister or broody as it'll get lighter as you move up towards the surface.
Ambience is definitely a good mood to set for this sort of game. Depending on how long you're planning the game to be you might want multiple songs for different screens (like in the darker sections the music is more atmospheric but the lighter sections are more inspiring/hopeful etc.)
Yeah, that's what I'm going for as it'll be fairly lengthy, but I also plan for a common melodic theme. Think something like Super Mario World where it had different moods but a common recurring melody.
User avatar
CutterCross
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by CutterCross » Fri May 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Well if you need any help with music I'm always open for commissions! (Though you probably already know that.)
The Tower of Turmoil: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1348
User avatar
Mihoshi20
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by Mihoshi20 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 pm

CutterCross wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:44 pm
Well if you need any help with music I'm always open for commissions! (Though you probably already know that.)
True true and I will indeed as I'm as tone deaf as can be to my dismay.
User avatar
Mihoshi20
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by Mihoshi20 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:28 am

Thanks to a little notational wizardry from CutterCross, mermay's Den now has a bit of level music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxBtT6aFDGY
User avatar
TheNew8bitHeroes
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:24 pm
Location: Sarasota, FL
Contact:

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by TheNew8bitHeroes » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:24 pm

Love it :-)
User avatar
Mihoshi20
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by Mihoshi20 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:14 pm

TheNew8bitHeroes wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:24 pm
Love it :-)
Thanks to the efforts of MistSonata, Mermay's Den also now has diagonal movement! The original concept I had in my head for Mermay's Den is already falling into place and NESmaker is just only a few versions old! This is going way faster then my first buggy mess of a project that i was cobbling together on my own out of raw ASM.
User avatar
TheNew8bitHeroes
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:24 pm
Location: Sarasota, FL
Contact:

Re: Mermay's Den

Post by TheNew8bitHeroes » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:59 pm

That's super validating to hear :-)
Post Reply