[Artists] Does anyone here use ProMotion NG?

darkhog

I have it, had it way before NM was even a thing, but I'm lost. For anyone who uses it to make graphics for NM games, I have few questions about workflow:

- What project settings are you using (aside of image size considerations)
- How do you export finished work (so it has proper colors and no bad pixels)
- Are there any other useful tips about your workflow you can share?

chronosv2

I use the program, and my project settings depend entirely upon what I'm trying to work on. I always work on the NES palette though.
For characters I use the character size I'm after for dimensions and export animation as a strip. Then I edit it together into a better layout for NESMaker.
As for how to export so that NESMaker reports no bad pixels, you don't. You have to do the recolors in NESMaker, because there's just no good way to export the image so that the colors you paint turn into NESMaker's Black-Red-Green-Blue format. The only tip I can make for that is that the "black" in palette position 0 is transparent. Use a different black so that the background is a solid color to make the import into NESMaker easier.

As for the rest of my workflow, I'm still learning the program so I just wing it. The most important thing is, as above, avoid palette entry 0 because it's transparent.

Top Bottom