NESMaker 4 tutorial video (launch)

Kitsune

Re: NESMaker 4 tutorial video (launch)

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll give a look at it very soon. Youtube is far better for me than FB ;)
vrbandwagon

Post by vrbandwagon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Mr. Granato's amazing but incomplete 4 intro NES programming videos can be found here https://vimeo.com/127556151
Thanks to darkhog for the info (http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&p=1809#p1809)
Kibegami81

Post by Kibegami81 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Maaan.. Watching this video is making me more eager and excited to make games already. I cannot wait and I repeat, cannot wait to see what more this awesome software can do. Christ, I have a feeling that we are in for A-LOT from this thing. I have an old game I made with Game Maker recently but I feel I could redo it with this program. Please, please updating this great program. I am completely blown away by this.
rx7turbo233

Post by rx7turbo233 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:44 am

only thing i wish is if that the screen capture of the tutorial is not so blurry other than that very good :P
TheNew8bitHeroes

Post by TheNew8bitHeroes » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 am

Just to clear it up (sorry, can't talk long...at Game On in Phoenix and doing this via phone between talking to people at booth), the stream was entirely a last minute idea. Facebook has been the single most active hotbed for discussion about this project. That's been the case for about 3 months now. We decided literally an hour before the stream to do the stream - even asked if people would dig that, if you check the FB group. Plus, everyone who is a member of said group gets a notification when the feed goes live, unlike YouTube, which is why we thought it would capture the most people.

That's the reason, for what it's worth. More tutorials coming this week, when I get back from Phoenix. Thanks for the patience.
vrbandwagon

Post by vrbandwagon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 am

TheNew8bitHeroes wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 am
Just to clear it up (sorry, can't talk long...at Game On in Phoenix and doing this via phone between talking to people at booth), the stream was entirely a last minute idea. Facebook has been the single most active hotbed for discussion about this project. That's been the case for about 3 months now. We decided literally an hour before the stream to do the stream - even asked if people would dig that, if you check the FB group. Plus, everyone who is a member of said group gets a notification when the feed goes live, unlike YouTube, which is why we thought it would capture the most people.

That's the reason, for what it's worth. More tutorials coming this week, when I get back from Phoenix. Thanks for the patience.
Thank you for your answer despite your busy schedule.

May I suggest you post new videos directly on Youtube, and post the links to your Facebook group? That way, everybody wins.

Also, I think the way to "capture the most people" would be to send an e-mail to everybody who bought your product, especially for announcements as important as its launch. On launch day, only people who were part of the Facebook group got notified about the live steam. That sounds quite limiting.

Lastly, please consider that not everyone has Facebook, nor everyone wants to create an account for it. I still think Youtube, at the very least for official videos, is the most logical choice. And apparently, I am not the only one.
PortableAnswers

Post by PortableAnswers » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Thank you very much! This was just what I needed to get started. :)
MistSonata

Post by MistSonata » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Thanks for uploading this to Youtube. Facebook video doesn't like me very much.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Ah ah... same here (maybe I am too old for FB)
When I search for something... I can't find it again. Can't understand how it works. But to be informed, daily,... it's efficient!
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
darkhog

Post by darkhog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:07 pm

360p, seriously? I've thought to give it a little time because maybe it didn't finished processing when first watched it. But no, apparently it's as high as it goes. This makes the vid unwatchable as the UI is blurry.