Re: Resource Sharing

Post by darkhog » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:05 am

WolfMerrik, just google GDPR.
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:58 pm

MistSonata wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:38 am
Good to hear! I'm sure plenty of people will want to register to share the stuff they've made.
I hope so, I had started working on some Background/Object graphics for my game this week, I am putting some of them that I feel would be universal or usable by others on there today!

I am loving making Pixel art honestly, its a lot harder than I expected haha
ImageWant to download & share Image NESMaker Resources? Check out My Files on www.NESMakerFiles.com Image
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:02 pm

darkhog wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:05 am
WolfMerrik, just google GDPR.
Well yes, that is what I do when I want to know what something is, which I did. I am just curious about which ways you think the laws/etc of GDPR would affect this? If there is something I should watch out for, I would want to make changes.
ImageWant to download & share Image NESMaker Resources? Check out My Files on www.NESMakerFiles.com Image
darkhog

Post by darkhog » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Basically you should refrain from collecting any info that isn't absolutely necessary to provide the service or you may find to be liable. Not going to sue you over that or anything, but there are bone heads who would, that's why we have "right to be forgotten" which is IMO truly awful BS - because some French dimwit with criminal past sued Google over showing articles related t that past, took it all the way to EU courts and won. And Google has resources to fight a case like that, you probably don't even have enough to pay the punitive fee that would be given if you would be found guilty of any (real or not, remember, right to be forgotten case) wrongdoings, that fee is big enough to bankrupt even average-sized company and few bigger ones.
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:32 pm

darkhog wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:20 pm
Basically you should refrain from collecting any info that isn't absolutely necessary to provide the service or you may find to be liable. Not going to sue you over that or anything, but there are bone heads who would, that's why we have "right to be forgotten" which is IMO truly awful BS - because some French dimwit with criminal past sued Google over showing articles related t that past, took it all the way to EU courts and won. And Google has resources to fight a case like that, you probably don't even have enough to pay the punitive fee that would be given if you would be found guilty of any (real or not, remember, right to be forgotten case) wrongdoings, that fee is big enough to bankrupt even average-sized company and few bigger ones.
Well, in this case, it uses a verification of the email to ensure that the email is valid for the purpose of account password recovery, in this case under Art 6 GDPR section b, we are covered that this is required for the account, also section c has us covered as well. Being that the email sent is for confirmation of this account service, this covers us with a confirmed Opt-in for account recovery services before the account is fully created. Although IF I were to send out other emails I would be misusing this information, however, I have no intent to do so. IF I were to create another notification option (like email notifications) I would create a separate opt-in/out service for this as well.

As far as I can tell, it's all being done fine, although I should include a general privacy policy on the site to make this all clearer. I never really thought to do it, but it's usually a good safe way to cover my butt, so I probably should haha.
darkhog

Post by darkhog » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:13 pm

It's dead.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getAccess() on boolean in /home/w01f/nesmaker/modules/categories.php:144 Stack trace: #0 /home/w01f/nesmaker/modules.php(36): include() #1 /home/w01f/nesmaker/index.php(14): include('/home/w01f/nesm...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/w01f/nesmaker/modules/categories.php on line 144

Happens when going into any category.
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:58 am

Makes sense, I didn't fix the checks on empty categories to see if a user has the privilege to delete that category I changed the way "guests" work, and it messed a few things up haha. It was meant to be a quick fix anyway.... apparently, one that only half worked.
You said it happened in any category?