Refund

Can't find your activation code? Activation code isn't working? Need to disable the license on a computer? If you're having a problem with running NESmaker software, this is the correct forum. If your thread is about help with the actual engine and game creation, please use the HELP forum. Thank you.
KeithMason

Re: Refund

Post by KeithMason » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:28 am

opt2not wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:51 am
I suggest a bit more patience, and slack given to Joe and Josh. They just released this software, so i’m sure they’re getting bombarded with requests and tech support.

You also need to factor in that these guys aren’t amazon or any big corporation that has a whole fleet of tech support people to deal with customers.

Honestly, if I were you I’d take a few breaths, relax a bit, concentrate on other aspects of your game like design and art, and give the guys some more time to sort you out.
There is plenty of work to do outside of implementation. If you have already got all your art done, figured out the minutia of your gameplay, then I apologize. Waiting is probably the only thing you have in that case. But if you haven’t done the art and design, perhaps this is a good time to get ahead in those aspects.
Firstly waiting for 1.5 weeks for an activation code is just... I don't know, I find it, ridiculous. I have no patience, I bought a book in June about the same price and never gotten it, I emailed the owner a few time and hasn't responded until beginning this week saying that he was "incapacitated" for a few month and will send the package. Which I haven't gotten yet. Yeah he's old. (Hoping this week it will be here.)

Now this time I was hoping that this wouldn't be the same thing and wait for another 2 months for another purchase. I know they aren't a big company and don't have a "whole fleet of tech support people". I am not an idiot. I am not trying to give slack or trying to be a dick too Joe and Josh, and yes I was harsh on them and I am sorry to both for being too harsh on them. I do have an idea for a game but I need to know whats the limits, the palettes, power-up selections, "Monsters", etc. Plus I really want to enter that contest in October.

And Since my activation code is stuck in traffic or going around a endless loop, I am hoping that I'll refunded it, and buy it again to see if it would send the activation code too me.
Harvest me with your liquor.
cornphillips

Post by cornphillips » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:11 am

In my opinion, nothing wrong with requesting a refund, if you didn't like your experience.
Tengen Games North

Post by Tengen Games North » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:45 pm

I may have missed mine in spam/trash also and just emailed them to have it resent, I'm not in a hurry obviously since I'm just getting to it now but will see how long it takes for me to receive a reply. Eventually I am sure I will be making NES games with some help from others of course.
Tengen Games North

Post by Tengen Games North » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:13 pm

I got my activation code today, but just ordered a new laptop so will wait for it's arrival before downloading and trying NESmaker out. Hopefully you also got your activation key and are using NES maker even as I write this.