Create Projectile doesn't work in platform module?

dale_coop

Re: Create Projectile doesn't work in platform module?

Post by dale_coop » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:19 pm

And to give your player the weapons, from the beginning, just check in the Project > Infos,to have them by default (cf the adventure tutorial).

Can I ask you... did you watch the tutorial videos? ;)
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE
DanielT1985

Post by DanielT1985 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:06 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:19 pm
And to give your player the weapons, from the beginning, just check in the Project > Infos,to have them by default (cf the adventure tutorial).

I have. I tried following what they did for the Melee weapon in the Adven. Tutorial, but nothing seemed to work. I have him shooting, the weapon is going in the direction my character's pointing at, but it doesn't seem to kill the enemy I placed. Also, I tried to look through the thread to see what to do, position wise on the item, but I can't find a clear answer on that.
DanielT1985

Post by DanielT1985 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:06 am

dale_coop wrote:

Okay, so one thing I now know is that Monster Weapon, which is what I had it set to, will not let you kill the enemy with the Projectile. So having it set to just Monster and not turning on Jump On Kills will make it so you need the projectile to kill the enemy. Now all I need to learn is positioning the projectile.
DanielT1985

Post by DanielT1985 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 am

DanielT1985 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:06 am
dale_coop wrote:

Okay, so one thing I now know is that Monster Weapon, which is what I had it set to, will not let you kill the enemy with the Projectile. So having it set to just Monster and not turning on Jump On Kills will make it so you need the projectile to kill the enemy. Now all I need to learn is positioning the projectile.
Another thing weird is that the enemy will both turn into my health pickup AND produce a fireball. IDK what to do with that.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 am

So one thing I now know is that Monster Weapon, which is what I had it set to, will not let you kill the enemy with the Projectile
Might be your mistake, your player's projectile object needs to be a "Player Weapon" ("Player Weapon" type objects will hurt monsters, as "Monster weapon" ones will hurt the player).
So having it set to just Monster and not turning on Jump On Kills will make it so you need the projectile to kill the enemy
When you set the "Jump On Kills" flag for your monsters, it just means your monster will be killed if the player jumps on it (like in super mario bros).
Another thing weird is that the enemy will both turn into my health pickup AND produce a fireball. IDK what to do with that.
When you kill a monster, it gives you a "Health object" or a "Currency object" or nothing. And it will create a "Effect 1" object (for example, in the tutorial, a pow! when it dies).
Currenlty, in your project, it seems you haven't configured yet those objects ("Health object", "Currency object" and "Effect 1").
Note: the head (the first tile of your tileset) is the empty tile. When not configured and object is just an empty tile.
-----
DanielT1985

Post by DanielT1985 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:48 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 am
So one thing I now know is that Monster Weapon, which is what I had it set to, will not let you kill the enemy with the Projectile
Might be your mistake, your player's projectile object needs to be a "Player Weapon" ("Player Weapon" type objects will hurt monsters, as "Monster weapon" ones will hurt the player).
So having it set to just Monster and not turning on Jump On Kills will make it so you need the projectile to kill the enemy
When you set the "Jump On Kills" flag for your monsters, it just means your monster will be killed if the player jumps on it (like in super mario bros).
When you kill a monster, it gives you a "Health object" or a "Currency object" or nothing. And it will create a "Effect 1" object (for example, in the tutorial, a pow! when it dies).
Currenlty, in your project, it seems you haven't configured yet those objects ("Health object", "Currency object" and "Effect 1").
Note: the head (the first tile of your tileset) is the empty tile. When not configured and object is just an empty tile.
Well knowing that it will always spawn Effect 1, and since I followed the platform tutorial, Effect 1 is the Fireball producer entity. So I Exported that and imported it as Effect 3, made Effect 1 blank (Which I was able to use to my advantage by making a "poof" effect that was also shown in the Platform tutorial) and there we go, that problem is solved. So how do I configure the health and currency objects to make them stop appearing?
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:09 pm

You could comment the related (« createobject ») lines in the handlemonsterdrops.asm script :P
-----
DanielT1985

Post by DanielT1985 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:25 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:09 pm
You could comment the related (« createobject ») lines in the handlemonsterdrops.asm script :P
Oh yeah, looking through this it shows it's spawning #$04 and #$07. #$04 is the Health pickup and #$07 is the Currency pick up. Thank you so much for helping me with this.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:29 pm

Yes it’s exactly that ;)
-----
DanielT1985

Post by DanielT1985 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:41 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:29 pm
Yes it’s exactly that ;)
So what about positioning the weapon? How can you do that in the shootWeapon.asm Script? Or is that even possible?