Free assets

weapon121

Re: Free assets

Post by weapon121 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Great set of assets man!
PasseGaming

Post by PasseGaming » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Fantastic stuff, this is much appreciated. I can already see a few assets I'd like to use. I'll definitely give credit where it's due! Any chance you'll be doing some space shooter assets? I need some decent explosion animations.
Remember; wherever you go, there you are. :mrgreen:

My Projects: Spirit Impel
WillWagnerMusic

Post by WillWagnerMusic » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:54 am

These are wonderful. I can't thank you enough for helping me learn how to build these myself!
codingheroes

Post by codingheroes » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:01 pm

These assests are fantastic. How do I use them? Where would I import the files? Thanks!
Chasersgaming

Post by Chasersgaming » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Your all very welcome. Sorry for my late responses, i haven't been around for a while as ive been really busy with other projects. :)
it shouldn't be to hard to use the assets, you should be able to import them and then use NESmakers paint tool to set the RGB values and then assign your palettes in the IDE and then save.(i think)
That said, it has been a while since i have used NESmaker myself so i may be out of touch since the recent update to 4.5. I am hoping in the future i can present the assets in a more 'NESmaker' friendly ready format or at least provide them included with my standard releases, as at the moment the assets are set up in what i think is a more 'universal' way for use in other game engines, not just NESmaker, so the user can at least 'manage' and 'sort' them in whatever way they want to, depending on their engine or even design. It's not particular easy to 'set up' sprites and tile sets in a manner suited to a personal preferences so i try to make them as easy as i can for use, which has been guided by my own user experiences/knowledge and feedback. If you guys and girls have used my assets and think there is a better way for use with NESmaker software then please let me know and i will do my best to accommodate. :)
I have seen recently that there are new modules, so i will try to create 'asset packs', 'bundle' type assets for those in the future. im already working on adaptations of my assets for 16x16 sizes and im sure 'Shooter' side scrolling or otherwise will eventually become available. This will all take some time though. :)

Thanks for checking out my stuff. :)
Pauldalyjr

Post by Pauldalyjr » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:59 am

This stuff is awesome, this has to take forever to create, thanks for sharing with everyone.
Chasersgaming

Post by Chasersgaming » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:43 pm

Pauldalyjr wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:59 am
This stuff is awesome, this has to take forever to create, thanks for sharing with everyone.
Thanks!, creating is the fun part, exporting it all isn't so fun. :)