D-Society Finished Demo (Horror, Mature)

Hey Everyone!

New version just uploaded with a few fixes and additions. Give it a whirl, and if you get the ending screen send a screenshot!

I am curious how far you will get so let me know where you finish.

Just in time for HALLOWEEN!! (Spooky spiders)

Have Fun!

UPLOADED FIXED VERSION THAT STARTS YOU AT THE BEGINNING

FIXED HEALTH, FEW SOLID TILES.

Attachments

• D-Society Demo 1.1.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 250

dale_coop

Staff member
Sounds nice! Do you have some screenshots or gamplay video...? (Ahah, I am not at home, I can't test right now :S)

TimBone

I got the death screen! Love those rolling heads! I kept getting stuck on the bottom of the stairs? Is that supposed to happen?

TimBone said:
I got the death screen! Love those rolling heads! I kept getting stuck on the bottom of the stairs? Is that supposed to happen?

Stuck in the stairs? Well fudge don’t think that’s supposed to happen. Which set? Can you post a shot?

Also congrats on the death screen! That’s the first ending. There is however a clue on the first screen. You can in fact get out of that world, so if you figure it out lemme know!!

dale_coop said:
Sounds nice! Do you have some screenshots or gamplay video...? (Ahah, I am not at home, I can't test right now :S)

I can in a bit. Currently at work and if HR saw these screens I would probably be scheduled for mandatory therapy haha

yeah, my choices are to either go up and die or go down and get stuck after the corridor.

Attachments

• D_Society-0.png
    D_Society-0.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 10,194
functionalform said:
yeah, my choices are to either go up and die or go down and get stuck after the corridor.

Thanks for the capture, let me take a look and get that fixed. I may have forgotten to reset the player position
Before the last export

CloserClover said:
functionalform said:

Thanks for the capture, let me take a look and get that fixed. I may have forgotten to reset the player position
Before the last export

Yep. basically left you guys at the end of the first ending. Wow.

I updated the file to the correct version. Download that and see how far you can get!

Thanks for letting me know :)

CloserClover said:
TimBone said:

Stuck in the stairs? Well fudge don’t think that’s supposed to happen. Which set? Can you post a shot?

Also congrats on the death screen! That’s the first ending. There is however a clue on the first screen. You can in fact get out of that world, so if you figure it out lemme know!!

Uploaded the fixed version. forgot to set the player position to the beginning of the game.

Go download and play again, and let me know how it goes!

Craigery

This demo is pretty clever, but I am stuck in the room with the couch. I would definitely play more of this!

Craigery said:
This demo is pretty clever, but I am stuck in the room with the couch. I would definitely play more of this!

Well, you went the correct way. That’s actually the wake up I was referring to! There is no exit from that room.

How hard was it to find? Want to make sure it’s not too cryptic ;)

The game will continue from that world, just haven’t started that part yet. Good work!

Craigery

Not too hard. I got the DEAD screen several times before I got it. I knew I was on the right path when I found the giant spider thing. I will say understanding how NESMaker works helped me a bit!

CloserClover said:
Well, you went the correct way. That’s actually the wake up I was referring to! There is no exit from that room.

The game will continue from that world, just haven’t started that part yet. Good work!

Glad I checked the forum. I was hitting and shooting every tile, because I couldn't continue.
I liked your game.

Craigery said:
Not too hard. I got the DEAD screen several times before I got it. I knew I was on the right path when I found the giant spider thing. I will say understanding how NESMaker works helped me a bit!

The demo can end pretty quickly if you hit the "wake up" screen which is actually the right way to go. As of right now there is no way out of it, next steps are developing the real world out of that.

Thanks for taking the time to play it, feedback and response means a lot.

throwawayaccount1235 said:
CloserClover said:

Glad I checked the forum. I was hitting and shooting every tile, because I couldn't continue.
I liked your game.

Thanks! There will be an exit soon, but that is the correct path to take to get into the game. Just wanted to show off the opening world.

I appreciate you taking the time to give it a spin!

Dirk

I enjoyed playing your game and I hope that I can soon play more. For whatever reasons it reminded it me a bit of "Trilby's Notes", a free horror adventure game I can recommend.

Dirk said:
I enjoyed playing your game and I hope that I can soon play more. For whatever reasons it reminded it me a bit of "Trilby's Notes", a free horror adventure game I can recommend.

Thanks for playing and glad you enjoyed it. I am going to continue the development and see where it goes.

I’ll have to check out this Trilby’s Notes, anywhere to download it?

Dirk

You can download it here. It's by Benjamin Richard Croshaw aka Yahtzee. You might know him from his zero punctation game reviews.

Top Bottom