Light From Within Demo

Elarath

Light From Within Demo

Post by Elarath » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:03 am

Here is the demo for my game Light From Within. Please let me know what you think and if you run into any bugs. Thanks to those that have helped me and who diligently post on the forums. And if there are any scripts that I'm using that you'd like, I am happy to share :)
Attachments
Light From Within Final Demo V1.1.nes.zip
(102.92 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
LightFromWithin-image.jpg
LightFromWithin-image.jpg (184.35 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
Last edited by Elarath on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my game!
Light From Within
dale_coop

Re: Light From Within Demo

Post by dale_coop » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:00 pm

I love this cover Art! <3 Can't wait to try the actual game... (tonight).
Thanks for sharing it.
-----
I know... my english is not perfect
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
My son's game: KUBO 3
Dirk

Post by Dirk » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Lovely cover art! I'm still playing, but I want to mention two things: I find it härd tö reäd the text with äll the ümläüts and maybe the font itself. The other things is, when I got the shield I had to press a button to make the text go away, but this also triggered the shield so I lost 1 spirit.
Cool game so far and very polished!
-----
Disclaimer: English is not my first language, so mistakes are bound to happen.
red moon

Post by red moon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm

wow, your cover image is amazing, love the watercolor effect! Can’t wait to play the demo later tonight!
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:51 pm

Oh wow... just started playing with it and you did an amazing job. I love the Zelda feeling of it... the breakable tile animations, secrets, ...
Please, make a small tutorial on how you did your skeleton guards AI ! I swear there are following the player. Love it!
-----
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
Elarath

Post by Elarath » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:27 am

Thank you guys! I can do pixel art better than I can actually draw, so I did the cover image with assets straight from the game and photoshop.
dale_coop wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:51 pm
Oh wow... just started playing with it and you did an amazing job. I love the Zelda feeling of it... the breakable tile animations, secrets, ...
Please, make a small tutorial on how you did your skeleton guards AI ! I swear there are following the player. Love it!
Thank you Dale! My AI script isn't terribly efficient and I was planning on trying to rewrite it at some point, but I am happy to post it.

Dirk wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:40 pm
Lovely cover art! I'm still playing, but I want to mention two things: I find it härd tö reäd the text with äll the ümläüts and maybe the font itself. The other things is, when I got the shield I had to press a button to make the text go away, but this also triggered the shield so I lost 1 spirit.
Cool game so far and very polished!
Thank you Dirk! Yeah, I noticed (especially on an actual NES) the text may be hard to read. I will probably drop an umlaut and maybe the shadow. Also, thanks for the heads up about the shield. It doesn't engage when you talk to NPCs after getting it, but I think I know why it does initially and will fix it. :)
Check out my game!
Light From Within
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:28 am

Played last night... it was very pleasant... even more than that, I had a lot of fun! The graphics are really good, I love all the animation details. It helps to create this living world.
I agree with Dirk, the font is difficult to read.
-----
Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Generally speaking I love umlauts though ^^

I beat the boss in the cellar and must say I got goose bumps! Really disgusting! Great job! XD
It also didn't help that I'm not too keen on big spiders to say it nicely :-)
The small ones are somewhat cute though :-)
-----
Disclaimer: English is not my first language, so mistakes are bound to happen.
Elarath

Post by Elarath » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:15 am

Thanks guys! The character Ella actually fidgets and blinks her eyes a bit if you stand still.

And that's good to hear Dirk! I actually had to watch a bunch of spider gifs to figure out how to animate the legs because spiders have a very specific gait.
Check out my game!
Light From Within
Bucket Mouse

Post by Bucket Mouse » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:40 am

Where do you go after you get the first key?