Salutations from Quebec!

Dr. Van Hauten

Hello everyone!

My name is Dr. Van Hauten, and I just joined recently the wonders of Nesmaker. I've alway wanted to create videogames, but never had the programming skills or the graphical genius to do so. I am more of a concept and storyboard guy, using tabletop games as my medium, but I've always wanted to put my games in a videogame media. I know there is a long, long road ahead of me, but I need to start somewhere, right?

So for now, baby steps are my resolve! Taming Nesmaker, one step at a time! Glad to be part of this experience!

Très hâte d'expérimenter Nesmaker et donner vie a quelque chose de concrès!

Mihoshi20

It's great to have a story weaver with us. Be interesting to see what experimental games you come up with on your road to taming the tool!

Dr. Van Hauten

Thanks everyone!

At first I'll try something simple like a zelda-esque game, but set in a more modern time, and a ever-helpful janitor as the main character. Then a Contra-style game (there isn't enough of these run'n'gun types!) but instead of regular aliens or robots or army grunts, I was thinking Horror Clichés all mixed together.

But...yep. Baby Steps first. My janitor looks awful, but there's a limit of what you can do with 4 colors(technically 3) and so few pixels!

Top Bottom