Monster Palettes / Obkect Palettes

Chasersgaming

Could someone explain to me how i change/set up a Monster Palette?

I'm trying to give my 'PLAYER' character a palette, which i thought i had done, but it was a 'BACKGROUND' palette, but when selecting 'MONSTER' palette it only gives me the default ones. I cannot seem to find a way to set 'MONSTER' palette, it doesn't give me the same options as i get with a background. I've watched the tutorials 100 times and i can seem to find what i'm looking for. a step by step would be very helpful. i'm clearly missing something here, what am i missing? thanks :)

Don't worry now, you have to right click the palette.

Mugi

to define the player palette and the second palette used by the "gameobjects.bmp" graphic (the one where you draw your player sprite in) select the player object from the hierarchy, and set the 2 palettes into that.
those palettes will always be there, and are usable y your player sprite, and any other of the first 16 objects (referred to as the game objects.)

for monster palettes, you can set palettes and rename them when you create monsters, however, whatever palette you select to use when creating the monster, has no effect on whether or not it is actually used by that monster in-game,
and it's only there for preview purposes. However, creating them in the object screen when creating a monster is as mentioned, possible. you set a palette and give it a name.

now to actually define what palettes your monsters use in-game, you make a monster group, and assign that monster group to a screen in screen info in the corresponding tab you wish to use (day normal / day triggered, etc etc...)
in that screen once you assign a monster group, you will gain access to assigning the 2 palettes you wish your monsters to use in that screen.

one other thing to keep in mind is that this cannot be changed in scrolling enviroment, so if your game scrolls, the monsters will use the palette defined in the first screen that starts the scrolling, and it will not be changeable until you actually transition a screen.

Chasersgaming

Thanks, it takes quite getting use to, navigating your way around the tool feels like im all over the place at the moment, at least until I get me head round it all and get into a routine, and find a rhythm.:) I’m hoping I can get me teeth into it proper this week, so I won’t have to keep bugging on the forum for the simple things. Ideally I think a ‘help’ documentation Would of been a good idea to understanding the basics, especially for novices like me.

dale_coop

Staff member
Currenlty the "help" documentation is... the tutorial videos page / youtube channel ;) Watch those videos, again and again, when you don't remember things (take some notes)... almost all the answers are there (I use them as my guide).
I really would like the official guide to be released asap... would be so helpfull.

Top Bottom