HUD only visible every 2 screens horizontally

Terry

Hi everyone,

While following the tutorials for an adventure game, I'm actually facing a problem I can't solve :(

The HUD is created, filled, working (still testing life bar tho), but when I go to the next screen horizontaly, HUD disappear and if I go to the next screen, HUD is here again. I walked trought the whole map horizontally, and the HUD is here only every 2 screens.
If I'm on a screen with HUD "on" and I go vertically, up or down, the HUD is still here.
If I'm on a screen with HUD "off" (with the problem) and I go vertically, up or down, the HUD is never there.

Basically, my map acts something like this :

[hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off]
[hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off] [hud on] [hud off]

What have I done wrong ? :|

SciNEStist

I have seen this myself as well and couldn't figure it out either.

Using the "sprite zero detection" fixes it, but creates a lot of slowdowns for me. it also isn't necessary for me, since I'm not using scrolling. It might help you however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLe0NIj-Q_8

Terry

Thanks for your answer but sadly it didn't solve it. I went trought all of the tutorials again, make the sprite zero settings work perfectly but I still have this issue. I must have made a mistake somehow somewhere...

CutterCross

The Basic core purposely has this setup for using the Sprite-0 hit technique for scrolling games. The HUD is loaded on one of the [hud on] screens, then stays on-screen while everything under the HUD scrolls. Not sure exactly what's going wrong with your specific case, though there's also the option of the Basic_NoScroll core which has the HUD activated on every screen.

dale_coop

Staff member
Terry, your issue is definitely caused by your sprite 0 not correctly set.
Could you share screenshots of your sprite zero settings? and your GameObjectTileset?

I'd suggest you to watch the dedicated tutorial about the sprite zero :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7m4gxhgX0U

Terry

Well, actually it was a mistake of mine (I guess).

@CutterCross : Thx, following your answer made me question myself about wich core I used. Maybe the troubles I was facing where coming from this error of mine.
@dale_coop : when you asked me to check my gameobject tileset, I noticed that the bottom right tile wasn't non-transparent. I may have deleted it while searching for a solution, because the sprite zero modifications worked fine when I made this topic (at least 1 every 2 screens). I filled it again and voilĂ , it worked perfectly !! Still have to correct the lifebar glitch but I saw your solution on another topic ;)

Thank you both for you answers !

Top Bottom