Warp help, yes another one.

nick_public

Hey all,

I looked through every related post I could find before writing this, nothing solved my issue.

My player is warping to an identical screen, only no sign of the player, the monster, or the hud. So technically not a warp at all. Pictures attached.

I'm warping via tile collision (05). I quadruple checked I have the correct coordinates, but the problem isn't that my player is being sent to the wrong place... I also attached a picture of the tile script.

Any help is much appreciated. Thx

N

Attachments

• End.png
    End.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 2,373
  • Script.png
    Script.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 2,373
  • Start.png
    Start.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 2,373

dale_coop

Staff member
The warp tile script has issue...
Try that script, instead:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=15863#p15863

nick_public

dale_coop said:
The warp tile script has issue...
Try that script, instead:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=15863#p15863

Hey Dale,

Thanks for the reply. I actually saw this post the other day and that script didn't change anything for me. I even tried again just now and same issue unfortunately. Any other ideas as to whats causing this issue?

dale_coop

Staff member
Ok, hmmm... weird
Have you set the "warp in coords x,y" and the "warp out coords x,y" correctly?

nick_public

dale_coop said:
Ok, hmmm... weird
Have you set the "warp in coords x,y" and the "warp out coords x,y" correctly?

Yeah I’ve checked multiple times now I’m sure they’re right. I even tried out other areas on the map and get the same result; reloading the current page without any player/monster etc...

dale_coop

Staff member
Not sure where the problem is.
Your warp is executed by a warp tile? or collectable ?
If it's a section of scrolling screens, you might need to set the Warp Out Cords to the first screen of the scrolling section.

nick_public

dale_coop said:
Not sure where the problem is.
Your warp is executed by a warp tile? or collectable ?
If it's a section of scrolling screens, you might need to set the Warp Out Cords to the first screen of the scrolling section.

Hey Dale, it is a scrolling platformer, sort of, I have a few areas that do not scroll on purpose, for effect. It must not like me using both scroll and single screen.

I did a test though, by switching every screen to single, and I'm still having the same warp issue. This is so odd!

dale_coop

Staff member
When you test in not scrolling screen... It should work. So either you are not modifying the correct warp script or you haven’t set correctly your warp out screen and your warp in screen...

Your warp is executed via warp tile? Or a collectable?

nick_public

It has to be something simple I'm just not sure what. I put the script you wrote into the correct place (tile collision 5), and the warp coordinates are correct, I'm sure of it.

I'm using a warp tile (5), it's placed on the ground in between 2 solids tiles.

nick_public

dale_coop said:
When you test in not scrolling screen... It should work. So either you are not modifying the correct warp script or you haven’t set correctly your warp out screen and your warp in screen...

Your warp is executed via warp tile? Or a collectable?

Here's a screenshot I meant to attach.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,277

nick_public

Just noticed my "Handle Go To Screen" script is the same as my "Tile Collision 5" script, both are the script you linked me to earlier. I don't know if that means anything or not but I thought I would share.

dale_coop

Staff member
The "Handle Go To Screen" element should and need to be assigned to the script "Routines\Basic\ModuleScripts\HurtWinLoseDeath\WarpToScreen.asm".
And your "Tile Collision 5" to the script "Routines\Basic\ModuleScripts\TileScripts\ScrollingPlatformer\WarpToScreen.asm".
That is NOT the same script (even if it's the same filename)

If you modified the script that is assigned to the "Handle Go To Screen", it's your error!
The original "Routines\Basic\ModuleScripts\HurtWinLoseDeath\WarpToScreen.asm" script contains:
Code:
	;; used with macro

LDA temp2
			STA Object_scroll,x
			STA currentNametable
			STA newScreen
			STA currentScreen ;currentScreen
			STA xScroll_hi
			STA nt_hold
			LDA Object_scroll,x
			AND #%00000001
			STA showingNametable
			LDA newX
			STA Object_x_hi,x
			STA xHold_hi

LDA temp1
	STA screen_transition_type

LDA temp3
	;LDA warpMap
	STA update_screen_details

;LDA #$01
	;STA tile_solidity		
	LDA #$00
	STA gameHandler
		LDA #%11000000
				;7 = active
				;6 = 8 or 16 px tiles
			ORA #GS_MainGame
			ORA #%01000000
			STA update_screen
	LDA #$00
	STA xScroll
doneWithWarpToScreen:

nick_public

dale_coop said:
The "Handle Go To Screen" element should and need to be assigned to the script "Routines\Basic\ModuleScripts\HurtWinLoseDeath\WarpToScreen.asm".
And your "Tile Collision 5" to the script "Routines\Basic\ModuleScripts\TileScripts\ScrollingPlatformer\WarpToScreen.asm".
That is NOT the same script (even if it's the same filename)

If you modified the script that is assigned to the "Handle Go To Screen", it's your error!
The original "Routines\Basic\ModuleScripts\HurtWinLoseDeath\WarpToScreen.asm" script contains:
Code:
	;; used with macro

LDA temp2
			STA Object_scroll,x
			STA currentNametable
			STA newScreen
			STA currentScreen ;currentScreen
			STA xScroll_hi
			STA nt_hold
			LDA Object_scroll,x
			AND #%00000001
			STA showingNametable
			LDA newX
			STA Object_x_hi,x
			STA xHold_hi

LDA temp1
	STA screen_transition_type

LDA temp3
	;LDA warpMap
	STA update_screen_details

;LDA #$01
	;STA tile_solidity		
	LDA #$00
	STA gameHandler
		LDA #%11000000
				;7 = active
				;6 = 8 or 16 px tiles
			ORA #GS_MainGame
			ORA #%01000000
			STA update_screen
	LDA #$00
	STA xScroll
doneWithWarpToScreen:

Not sure why or when I made that change, probably an accident, but that did the track. Thank you, Dale. Appreciate your help.

Top Bottom