[4.5.6] Error Compiling "AllSongs_WithSFX.asm"

voltopt

Before I start, I want to say I've already composed and imported two preliminary soundtracks with 4.5.2 with no errors. I've watched all tutorials and read the amazing sound tutorial.

To test the platformer module, I created a very basic shell of a level with a simple famitracker.txt soundfile (which works fine in 4.5.). There are two sfx tracks and one song. Everything is labeled correctly and sounds great in 4.5.2.

With 4.5.6, I get this error:

jwMVK2.png

On line 186 (it varies with whatever export, as this code is written upon compile)

jwM9Pv.png

This line of code

Code:
.include SCR_EXTRA_SOUND_EFFECTS

does not get attached to exports in 4.5.2

I noticed there are two extra SFX files that are not in my famitracker file, I'm guessing this has something to do with it.

jwMqjC.png

I'm thinking there is a way to disable this .include, but it is autowritten each time I compile.

CutterCross

Those SFX seem to be holdovers from Mystic Searches development. Probably just a mistake on Joe or Josh's part. In the meantime a way to circumvent this should be to use the standalone GGsound converter (or previous versions of NESmaker) to export the ASM file, then directly import it into the tool with Load Converted Famitracker asm.

Though FYI I haven't tested to see if this works with 4.5.6 yet.

EDIT: What you should probably do is create a EXTRA_SOUND_EFFECTS in your script defines, and just keep that script empty if you don't want any extra SFX.

voltopt

Thank you - this is really helpful. I tried to use the ft_txt_to_asm, after importing to NESmaker it had more errors upon compile, so I decided to focus on the path with just one error.

I just created the SCR_EXTRA_SOUND_EFFECTS in my script defines and assigned a blank.asm, however now there are more error messages upon compile, due to unknown label for sfx_noteDead and sfx_noteLife, which are the ones you mentioned. If it's a bug, good, now we know! :)

It looks like modules start with no sound properties, but once you import your sound file those two sfx files show up and create issues.

Pauldalyjr

Will the errors clear if you add sfx_noteDead and sfx_noteLife into your script? Just copy another short sound file and change the name.

voltopt

No, it just adds the new sfx files onto the end, despite the identical name. It seems this is deep in the code and writes itself to the sfx asm regardless of user input

Logana

This was fixed so if you re download nesmaker 4.5.6 it will be fixed so just transfer the graphics take pictures of the stuff you changed and import the grafics assets and the redo the level design and it should work, well that’s what I did and it worked

voltopt

I can confirm that this is fixed and that moving assets and importing maps, HUD, monsters and objects works.

Top Bottom